Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking at a second hand, but new, turbo kit. The current owner is saying that few parts were lost during shipment but not really sure what they are. I know for a fact that BOV is missing. I couldn't find the fuel pump either. one in the white box is the fuel pump regulator. are the upgraded injectors parts of the kit?

I know it's kind of a long shot but does anyone here know what parts are missing by looking at these pictures? or have a list of what parts are supposed to be included? I've checked turboeast.com and the site is gone. This is the 300hp kit from turboeast.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I forgot about the downpipe. thanks for reminding me. but was midpipe part of the package?

and yes it is for is300.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Oh I forgot about the downpipe. thanks for reminding me. but was midpipe part of the package?

and yes it is for is300.
Wrong forum then, should be in the IS300 Go Faster

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry. I didn't even realize that the go faster forum was separated between generations.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
The kit uses the stock injectors and you'll need to convert your returnless fuel system to a return fuel system. The only things that I see are missing are (you mentioned you have the downpipe already):

- midpipe
- fuel pump
- return fuel line
- intake to turbo inlet
- BOV & flange welded to charge pipe

It's really hard to tell what's inside those bags so it's possible you're missing quite a bit more small things as well like gaskets and fittings.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how much will all these parts cost me to buy separately?

- downpipe
- midpipe
- fuel pump
- return fuel line
- intake to turbo inlet

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
So how much will all these parts cost me to buy separately?

- downpipe
- midpipe
- fuel pump
- return fuel line
- intake to turbo inlet
From the looks of things, the manifold is a Toyomoto style tubular which is pretty popular on Ebay. You can check there for a downpipe and midpipe.

The fuel pump + fuel pump installation kit costs around $125.

A 10 ft fuel safe rubber return line costs about $20-30. It doesn't need to be fancy or braided. You'll need to check on the fittings to see what size line you need though.

The intake is going to be around 3" aluminum or stainless pipe with a 45* bend, not sure on the pricing for that.

I don't know what BOV you're planning to use but you'll need to cut a hole around 1.5" in diameter on a charge pipe. Have a competent welder weld the BOV flange on it. Pricing on that differs depending on the shop.

The other thing I forgot to mention was the MAF mount. I didn't see any of the charge pipes have a mount for that either. You'll need to purchase that and get it welded on as well. Here's a hint, buy a cheap alunimum intake online and take the mount off of it.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
I dont think this is a complete genuine Turboeast kit. I believe Jeff rolls all his piping? no?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
so basically he/she is saying that they never recieved the rest of the parts?
Unless you are getting a super good deal, i would stay away. I recently bought a second hand turbo kit and it cost me almost as much as a brand new one.

check the srt kit for 4999 if its still on special

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so basically he/she is saying that they never recieved the rest of the parts?
Unless you are getting a super good deal, i would stay away. I recently bought a second hand turbo kit and it cost me almost as much as a brand new one.

check the srt kit for 4999 if its still on special
He actually had the package shipped from his friend and one of the boxes got lost.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I dont think this is a complete genuine Turboeast kit. I believe Jeff rolls all his piping? no?
same here, that is really not turboeast easts kit.

this is how the turboeast kit should look like.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
^ Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure that Jeff rolled all his ends.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Complete Description Of The S1 Kit

IS300 Turbo Packages
We are proud to introduce the TurboEast IS300 Sport Turbo S1 Kit(AKA Budget Turbo Kit). This is a complete kit that will take your IS300 from the stock 215hp to over *350hp. This kit was engineered with the enthusist in mind who wants the type of power that is expected out of a car that looks like the IS300 while retaining stock driveability and all stock functionality. All of the parts are top shelf quality. The kit comes pretuned and can be fine tuned with any fuel computer (S-AFC, Emanage...)

Includes

· TE Tubular Stainless Steel Manifold

· TE Garrett T04E 60 Trim spec Turbocharger

· TE Front Mount Intercooler (Core Size 18x12x3)

· TE Aluminum Intercooler Piping w/ bead rolled ends

· 4 Layer Silicone Couplers w/ Stainless Steel Lined Clamps

· Tial 38mm Wastegate

· Greddy Type RS Blow-Off Valve

· TE 3" Stainless Steel Downpipe

· TE 3" Stainless Steel Racepipe

· TE Electronics Black Box

· TE Turbo Fuel Delivery System

· 6 NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs

· TE Open Element Air Filter

· All Fittings and Adapters

BY DA WAY....WHO IS DA SELLER?.....

·
Registered
604 Posts
This is very interesting turn of events. Jeff himself sold me this kit, and now I see its possibly not legit?? I was wondering why he wasn't answering any of my calls.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts