Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No aftermarket radiator will the built in automatic transmission cooler as the OEM does. All radiators are modeled after the manual transmission versions.

I was unable to get pictures last night as I had to take my girlfriend to the ER but I will have them taken today for you guys.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I ordered my MISHIMOTO radiator the other day. Paid pretty much 237.00 shipped, waiting for it to get here. Should be in by Saturday the latest. Ill try to get some pics up while doing the job and post it up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
im going to need a radiator soon my stock is starting to slowly leak very little but im going to upgrade problem is i have a 02 automatic if i decide to go with the Mishimoto is it hard to add the transmission cooler?any help would be very helpful thanks oh whats the price on the mishimoto shipped 11205

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Adding a universal trans cooler is a piece of cake. Basically remove the factory lines and attach to the Mishimoto cooler.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
219 Posts
alright im going to give it a try and add pics +install insrtuctions to the best of my knowledge but i still need a price on that radiator shipped to 11205

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Price is still the same on the radiator at $255 SHIPPED anywhere in the 48 states. The universal cooler is $67.50 SHIPPED.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Exactly. You should do it.. and make an install guide for the forum in case anyone else wants to do this!
That is actually very possible. My stock radiator is clogged up on the high pressure vent tube so I will be buying a Mishimoto radiator soon, being automatic I will need the universal trans cooler as well.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is actually very possible. My stock radiator is clogged up on the high pressure vent tube so I will be buying a Mishimoto radiator soon, being automatic I will need the universal trans cooler as well.

Regards,
Robert
If you do a write-up/install guide, you should send it to Mishimoto! I bet they would love to use it as a reference! lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dang, good price on this radiator. If I hadn't just ordered all of my 90K service parts, I would be all over this. Will definately stay tuned for the install on the automatic. Would love to see how well everything fits together with the universal cooler.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
41 - 60 of 87 Posts