got any of these left?

·
Boosted Troll
1,360 Posts
ordered today!! thanks again

·
Boosted Troll
1,360 Posts
got my radiator in, hi5 to you guys gettin it here quick..

any word on the hose kit we talked about?

·
Boosted Troll
1,360 Posts
Not as of yet sir, I do plan to mention it to them to see if it is something in the works.

Regards,
Robert
that fine, i found some on "the bay" but wanted to check with you first.

it fit like a glove too btw(+rep), and anyone with a 5spd buying this: take the fan assembly out WITH the radiator, just make sure you disconnect the 2 clips for the fan on the driver side.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
pics? proof of better cooling capability? say vs fluidyne and koyo? sorry for questions. I have had a new radiator on the list of things to get and want to know if mishimoto is as good as koyo/fluidyne.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Fluidyne will almost always come out on top for most efficient radiator bar none. Their cores are generally much larger than anything offered.

The Mishimoto and Koyo are radiators within the same league and cooling capabilities. Both offer great quality products with great manufacture support should a mishap happen. As it stands the Mishimoto in my book remains the best bang for the buck aftermarket radiator where the Fluidyne remains the best for cooling period.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I will get you guys some pics a little later today of the exact radiator. Mondays are always hectic with emails and returning calls.

Regards,
Robert

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey guys, lemme introduce myself, my name is Max, I have an 01 IS300 and in need of a radiator. Ive done some sort of research and quite frankly, if im going to change the thing i might as well go with an upgraded part such as the mishimoto. However, i cant seem to find one for the automatic transmission. Is there one available at all?? Ive noticed you guys were saying something about an external oil cooler. I thought only the manual transmission carried an oil cooler. Am i wrong..??

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hey guys, lemme introduce myself, my name is Max, I have an 01 IS300 and in need of a radiator. Ive done some sort of research and quite frankly, if im going to change the thing i might as well go with an upgraded part such as the mishimoto. However, i cant seem to find one for the automatic transmission. Is there one available at all?? Ive noticed you guys were saying something about an external oil cooler. I thought only the manual transmission carried an oil cooler. Am i wrong..??
the cooler that automatic cars need is the automatic transmission cooler, which as far as i know, the koyo (2 row), mishimoto and mizu do not have.

so you would need to plumb in your own transmission cooler if you were to upgrade your radiator.

still waiting on pictures

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Any pics of the exact radiator? Im thinking that it has a little raised reservoir on top by the cap.
if they changed their design, but the one you are thinking of is they koyo 2 row. the only pictures ive seen of an is300 mishimoto radiator are of 2008. and they do not instill confidence in buying one... sorry to say.

EDIT: sorry they arent exact is300 radiators. but you can see from the build quality they are not up to par with koyo...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im kinna stuck in deciding which one to go with. Both the Mishimoto and Koyo has it flaws to my personal opinion. (basing judgement from pics) Just curious, which is thee better radiator to go with??????

21 - 40 of 87 Posts