Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Lexus is300 that’s been acting up recently. Car would idle really rough on idle occasionally and would lack power. I took it to get scanned and got codes for random misfires in all 6 cylinders and also got code P1349. I first did a tune up changing all spark plugs and oil, filter etc. It felt better by didn’t resolve the issue. I looked into the P1349 code and changed the VVT solenoid and cleaned it’s filter. After that the car felt great for about 2 days, even cleared the check engine light on it’s own. About 1 days passed from not driving it when I was going to work and instantly the car felt weird. It was sluggish and was vibrating a lot. I shut off the car and saw white smoke coming out but I didn’t know from where as it was raining. Luckily, I was super close to my house and drove it back but the check engine light started to blink. I will say that once I got home, i checked the engine and it looked as though an animal had been in there. There was dried up leaves, pee and small poop remains. Do you think it could be something electrical that it chewed up? Please let me know! I want to get the car running again.

·
3,940 Posts
If the wires are chewed. I would look at the colors and the wiring diagram online. Then repair them. There is no short cuts for bad wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts