Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the shop replaced the timing belt on my 2001 IS 300, it misfires, especially when accelerating up a hill. Any suggestions as to what might they have done wrong?

·
3,023 Posts
Yes, I was just trying to figure out what they might have done wrong that could cause this problem.
Timing could be off. Or they unplugged something when working on it. Then did not put it back.

Take it back to them. They should make it right. If they do not. Just tell them that you will get another shop to fix it right and see them in court. Plus all the people you will tell about the problem with getting work done there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After the shop replaced the timing belt on my 2001 IS 300, it misfires, especially when accelerating up a hill. Any suggestions as to what might they have done wrong?
I know it’s late, but did you get the misfire fixed, having the same issue with my 2001 .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a while, so I don't remember the details. I suspect that they broke a tooth on the timing gear (?), but they never would admit to doing that. I don't take my car there anymore. :)

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts