Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2001 is300 just stalled out of no where (automatic transmission) when I was ready to hit the main road. I already drove the car 3 miles down the road before, so the car was already warm. When I turned the car back on it sounded like it was cammed. My traction control light was flashing and the check engine light was on (but not flashing). Couple days later I changed all 3 ignition coils or coil packs, all 6 spark plugs (NGK laser iridium 4589), both valve cover gaskets, oil filter and an oil change. After repair the car fired up like nothing ever happened, I let it warm up and drove half a mile down the road. The car started bogging down, the check engine light was blinking this time and so was the traction control light. The problem came back and it seemed worse with the cammed noise back again. I let the car sit for a week and the car started fine again like nothing happened but the check engine light is still on and the traction control light is still blinking. The codes I got were P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, and P1349.

·
3,085 Posts
Recently my 2001 is300 just stalled out of no where (automatic transmission) when I was ready to hit the main road. I already drove the car 3 miles down the road before, so the car was already warm. When I turned the car back on it sounded like it was cammed. My traction control light was flashing and the check engine light was on (but not flashing). Couple days later I changed all 3 ignition coils or coil packs, all 6 spark plugs (NGK laser iridium 4589), both valve cover gaskets, oil filter and an oil change. After repair the car fired up like nothing ever happened, I let it warm up and drove half a mile down the road. The car started bogging down, the check engine light was blinking this time and so was the traction control light. The problem came back and it seemed worse with the cammed noise back again. I let the car sit for a week and the car started fine again like nothing happened but the check engine light is still on and the traction control light is still blinking. The codes I got were P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, and P1349.
The VVTI solenoid can cause that. I would double check your connectores first. Then try manually triggering the solenoid. If it is working. Check wiring.

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The VVTI solenoid can cause that. I would double check your connectores first. Then try manually triggering the solenoid. If it is working. Check wiring.
it also hesitates when revving through the RPMs like it's choking up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts