Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James

Lexus IS300 SRT Custom Stage kit
850 RWHP, 705 RWTQ

Upgrades from my previous setup:

Precision PT6765S T4 Billet turbo w/ 0.96 exhaust A/R
SRT Version 2 CNC intake manifold and fuel rail (first of its kind)
Precision 1260cc fuel injectors
SRT custom intercooler with a 4.5" thick core
5-bar MAP sensor

SRT Custom Kit, Full weight, Getrag 6spd., GS400 rear/TRD LSD, Q16

Dyno Run in Normal Quality

Dyno Run in HD Quality

Track Runs at MIR

Track runs in Normal Quality

Track runs in HD Quality[

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
let me be the first to say congrats thats totally badass!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks Roger, for posting this up. As you may have seen in this thread (with my full spec list), SRT made some upgrades to my car a few weeks ago, putting down 850RWHP and 705RWTQ. So, the plan was to see how it would do at the track. As I've been mostly into road racing over the past few years and have limited drag racing experience, I had Mo take the wheel to see what the car could do.

While the suspension setup is not optimal for drag racing, we are all very happy with the results. We were hoping for the fastest recorded manual IS300. And we seem to have done that and passed the previous street trim record by 0.01 sec! And all of this on a 67mm turbo.

Thanks to Mo and the SRT crew for all of their hard work (and Mo for his drag racing skills ;) )

Here's Mo's run down of the runs (posted on supraforums):

Unfortunately it was during a track rental and the track was not prepped properly. Not only that it was HOT, HOT, HOT and major humid at the track (85 degrees and about 70% humidity, i think)

1st test pass: 10.926 @ 142.25mph, 2.105 60ft (spun like a biatch off the line) 28PSI boost peak.

2nd Pass: 10.478 @ 140.15mph, 1.759 60ft (spun 3rd, got off and got back on it) 29.5PSI Peak Boost

3rd Pass: 10.678 @ 144.24mph, 1.930 60ft (spun hard on the line, had to pedal it to gain traction, hit rev limiter on 4th passing through traps) 29.5PSI Peak Boost

4th and Final Pass: 10.220 @ 144.38mph, 1.658 60ft (spun 3rd, got off and got back on it, had to pedal it on 4th then held it in, hit rev limiter passing through traps) 30PSI peak boost.

This car is definitely a 9sec car, just need a better prepped track. The MPH was pretty good, but need taller tires 26" tall simply is not cutting it. Remember this car has the GS400 rear end with the 3.26 gears. BTW the car weighed in at 3450lbs race weight.
Unfortunately, I couldn't be there this day, but I will be there if we decide to head back out to shoot for 9's. Also, I'll be taking it out myself a few times over the summer.

Thanks again to SRT! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Go for the 9's man! If the car can leave just a little better you can definitely do it!

·
Registered
754 Posts
LOOOOOL what an animal!!!! :bigSmile:

I knew it must be somewhere in the 10's before seeing that video. :cool:
Pretty sure a high 9sec is possible, but there for everything must be perfect,
at all good experience in "how to launch the missile" is important,
to get the correct rev when leaving clutch, without too much wheel spin
and without stalling rpm.
Then to find out about shifting, is it better to rev it out, or to shift earlier
into next gear due to TQ-line, it will take a couple of 1/4 mile runs. ;)

I love that ride!!! Big reps!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
The fact that it was a track rental hurt the most I think. They just don't prep the track like they do at an event. And the fact it was a typical mid summer miserable day for Maryland (in May)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What were the tires and wheels that you were running when you went to the track?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.