Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to find anything to criticize about my 2003 IS 300. It replaced my 1992 Legend which had a useful feature not unique to the Legend - a steering wheel-mounted volume control for the radio. Now I know that the IS300 is a sports car, and by definition, things should be kept simple -especially the steeriing wheel which already has gear shift "paddles" for the e-shift. However, the tactile feel of the volume knob is bad and difficult to grab and adjust while driving.

The other beef is the little space running along the top of the door guards and the body. It's impossible to get to to clean and dry. After washing, drying and wiping detailing mist off, I am confused and frustrated at trying to get that little strip clean.

That's about all I have to say negative about an automobile that fits like a glove and is like a sixth sense to drive. :)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
If I had my way, the cruise control stalk would control the radio volume when the cruise button is OFF...

·
8,880 Posts
webmaster said:
If I had my way, the cruise control stalk would control the radio volume when the cruise button is OFF...
Interesting idea for a MOD... :lol: :-?

·
Registered
153 Posts
dmrosen said:
The other beef is the little space running along the top of the door guards and the body. It's impossible to get to to clean and dry. After washing, drying and wiping detailing mist off, I am confused and frustrated at trying to get that little strip clean.
Be warned, I tried to clean some gunk out of that crack and took the paint off the molding! Clean it very gently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts