Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually I own one, but my wife drives it

Anyway, on the way home from NJ and I think I pissed off a Windstar driver. He was following me on a single lane (one way) road and I think he was mad because I was using my cell phone and not exactly blistering down the road.

When we hit a two lane road he gunned it. Of course this did not go unnoticed by me so I gunned it from 5th to 3rd and, of course blew him away...At 90 mph I let off the gas. Now, we know by now that the IS is no Corvette, but, come on, what was this minivan thinking???

If you're driving a tank, drive it like a tank!

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I bet he had a bunch of kids sitting in the back w/o their seatbelts on....what a jackass. I did something similar to a Range Rover out here...the guy cuts me off to make a right turn onto a freeway (keep in mind no one is behind me for miles), he takes the turn wide, I hit the turn hard and stay inside....passing him with ease I gave him the death look and blew by him.(the whole time staying under 55!)

Agent Smith Out

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cardman taking on the minivan

I have had several people try to race my IS300, I usually do not fall for that bait, but one day I may smoke someone, who knows.

Maybe an unsuspecting CLS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
what's really crazy is when a woman swerves at ya cuz she's trying to breastfeed her kid while driving.. i shoulda called the cops on her. damn, no regard for the baby whatsoever.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I personally think the worst drivers are the ones in conversion vans. You will often find these people driving really slow in the left lane on a highway. One time this guy in a conversion van cut in front of me without signaling and so I crossed the median and passed him up. At the next intersection, the light was red so I came to a stop, however, the van driver pulled into the oncoming lane and ran the red light. What a loser. Another time this guy in a conversion van threw at beer bottle at my windshield because I wouldn't let him cut in front of me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
cardinal_creek, I have to call you on this one. In fact, I am surprised no one else has by now! Instead I see a few anecdotes illustrating how boneheaded SUV and van drivers are. I have a few such stories myself, but they have nothing to do with the original account.

card was (1) on his cell, (2) likely driving a bit slowly (this has to mean under the limit, right?), (3) being passed legally by someone wanting to go the speed limit, or more, and (4) suddenly changed his behavior and accelerated to avoid being passed! Hello, if you were in your IS behind an M5 being driven by a distracted wirehead who held you up until you could pass, only to smoke you when he finally paid enough attention to what was happening around him, how would you feel? What words would be coming out of your mouth to describe that driver and his behavior?

It was a van and your $35K sports car blew him away - under the circumstances my sympathies lie with him.

High fives everyone! SUVs suck! Only good drivers own sports cars!

I rarely flame, but these are accurate comments.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M-
Geez, my butt is burning from that reaming! Glad to see someone dissecting posts

In a way, you're right - but here are a few more details. I was celling it but I was going at least the speed limit and with the flow of traffic... Also, when we entered the two lane road I was off the phone and looking forward to getting home to a Sam Adams Oktoberfest - so I accelerated to about 70mph and that's when the mini-tank tried to pass me.

But, yes, in your hypothetical, I would have been pissed at the M5 driver, but then it doesn't take much for me to get annoyed with BMW drivers (except S38, Clam, and Kolsen).

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Cardman taking on the minivan

I have had several people try to race my IS300, I usually do not fall for that bait, but one day I may smoke someone, who knows.

Maybe an unsuspecting CLS.
anytime you're in the michigan area, i'm pretty unsuspecting. bring it, punkoid.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ah, the devil *is* frequently in the details. Now it sounds like the Windstar driver was the jerk. Tailgating when it won't accomplish anything (and I am hard-pressed to think of when it might) is bogus.

So I guess it was traffic ahead of *you* that kept you from hitting 70MPH on the single-lane portion of the road? And not being on the phone? The van on yer butt was truly a jerk in the former case...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts