Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left two big A$$ craters in the windshield joined by a fracture line of about 3 mm. Anyone know of a good repair shop in the L.A. area that will do repairs to windshield for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well my brand spankin new IS300 was hit with a rock on the windshield yesterday morning. I called 'Dee's Windshield repair' in Westminster CA, as she has repaired a number of cars for me before. She told me that if it didn't crack the windshield she would repair for FREE! Low and behold it was free. So anyone with windshield issues in Southern California take to Dee!

Small crack I believe she'll fix for 50 bucks. The crack disappears like magic.

BTW she and her technicians loved my IS300!

Dee's Winshield Repair

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,went today per JoeG's recommendation and had the cracks repaired. No the repair was not free. $50 for the first crack and $25 for the second. Service was very fast, less than 20 minutes, and Dee and co. were very nice also. There are still some white crater marks and some spiderweb type lines, barely visible, but there. However, much better than the condition the windshield was prior to the fix. Best of all my IS300 does not look as crappy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad to hear you got the cracks fix -- my injury fortunately was not a crack but a chip -- they roughed it out and repaired it. Dee does a nice job. I had another car with a number of bonafide cracks and stars and she did a fine job on the repair -- the repair was barely visible...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
HAHAHAHHAA.... I cracked up when I read that topic line...

My old 3000GT had so many "pockmarks" on the windshield from driving through a sandstorm on the way to Vegas that I had to replace the whole damn thing....

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow i got hit with a rock yesterday too. I was in the explorer though since it was a 420 party and i didnt want to get the IS f'ed up. Well apparently there was a group of about 15 guys who were mad drunk. My drunk freiend leaned out the window and screemed some obscene comments to them that led to them throwing rocks at my car. What a mess. Got some nasty dents but they will pay, oh yes, they will pay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
STKSKI
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing