Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm starting this yearly thread again to compile the upcoming seasonal events. As of right now, there really are not any set in stone, but I would like to at least have a few ideas. These events will be updated regularly.

2010 Mid-West EVENTS

July 25: Chicagoland Meet, BBQ, and Cruise

Some details still TBD. It would be easiest to have a Milwaukee caravan heading down there like the RPM Event
http://my.is/forums/f108/official-summer-2010-meet-cruise-chicagoland-surrounding-areas-414553/
Series show. Meeting at Culvers on HWY 100 and hopping on 894 from Greenfield Ave.

August 1: Wirth Park (Brookfield, WI) Summer Meet - Sunday

http://my.is/forums/f108/wirth-park-brookfield-wi-summer-meet-sunday-august-1st-415771/#post6258197

Great Lakes Dragaway - "Import Wars" shows/races

Hot Import Nights & NOPI Super Show- Caravan down + Event - September 25-26

http://www.hinnopi.com/

Some details still TBD. It would be easiest to have a Milwaukee caravan heading down there like the RPM Event Series show. Meeting at Culvers on HWY 100 and hopping on 894 from Greenfield Ave.

http://my.is/forums/f108/official-oh2k10-kickoff-407866/

Chi2k10 - TBD

(www.MVPTrackTime.com) at Road America October 16-17, 2010 for a weekend of on-track excitement.

MORE INFO: http://is300steez.com/events.htm

·
Registered
887 Posts
Steez, the turbo plans are in full gear right now. Leonard_IS300 is installing the SRT 2.75 kit for me, so you'll have to lend a hand when it comes time.

Decided on the ProEFI for my EMS, since all reviews I've read are nothing short of amazing! Brian Crower Stage II cams and a 3" SRT turbo exhaust will top everything off.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ That's awesome to hear! I already talked to Donnie (leonard_IS300) and I will be there for some of the install stuff. I will eventually be doing the BC cams in summer too and new valve seals and such, as well as a little re-tune. Can't wait for nice weather!

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
lets get it started! I got my Emanage Ultimate with a PnP harness, Percision 550cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, boost gauge, innovative LC-1 wideband, and triple gauge pod so i am getting close to going boost!

Oh and since I have a built head I also might consider the Stage 3 272 cams :) but its a maybe!

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And we can do the install and new I/E valve seals. :) I'm just worried about the tune after that. I don't know if it would be very driveable to a tuning shop like SP.

lol for sure if I go with the 272's why not

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
And we can do the install and new I/E valve seals. :) I'm just worried about the tune after that. I don't know if it would be very driveable to a tuning shop like SP.
I dont think the change is as drastic as we may think. If it can work with the stock ECU im sure you would be ok to drive to SP. I would call before hand and ask before driving cause im sure they know a ton more then i do. but i really would love to have some 272's and when i raise the rev limit to 7300 or 7500 they would really make a ton of power :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm calling and ordering the 2.75 kit/3" exhaust from SRT tomorrow, minus the Walbro and Haltech. Need to contact Larry at SP as well to get my hands on a ProEFI, can gauge and some sensors. Oh, and can't forget the BC cams!

This is going to be a fun build!

Shit, I need to get my tranny worked on as well. Donnie, got any recommendations on where to get tranny work done? I was going to hit up a place in Germantown called Auto Trans Design. They were going to install my restalled OEM torque converter, 1-2 shift, 3rd gear sprague and new clutch packs. Got to hold that power! Which clutch packs do I need to order? From where?

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Lol damn Jason your really not playin around. And yes we will have fun working on your car for sure. But I do recomend that SP installs your PROEFI since I dont know much about it and thats not something I am not totaly comfotable installing just yet.

As for your trans work and what to be done to it, talk to Mo and see what he says. And I am sorry to say but I dont have any trans shop recommendations since I have never had to have a trans rebuilt yet.

But so far on my parts list I have:
Emanage Ultimate w/ PnP harness
Percision 550cc injectors
Injector piggytails from boostlogic
Walbro 255 fuel pump (installed it saturday)
Stri Racing Boost gauge
AEM Uego Wideband Sensor and gauge
WRX Fiberglass Tripple gauage pod (shipping from japan)
Things i need to order yet:
2mm head gasket
Trans cooler
Spark plugs
VB upgrade
BC Stage 3 cams (maybe) :)

And i am sure i am missing a couple things too but i have a ton of time yet

Justin I am trying to hit atleast 360 to the wheels :) and do you think SP can tune the Emanage Ultimate?

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
360 rwhp would be sick. I just want the 264s and a re-tune. I'm sure SP can tune the emanage, but I'm not sure how familiar they are with it. It may piss them off haha.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
lol the last thing i want is a pissed off tunner, i might try and tune it my self with a laptop and kponti's help since he has a ton of experiance with the Ultimate. if i can make a decent base map maybe i can have someone perfect it some where. we will se i have a tone of time to change my mind but i really dont understand why the Ultimate is a piggy back it offers alot of cool stuff. fuel control, timing control, knock control, 2step for turbo, launch control and it can tune to a target AF reading.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Isn't it a "piggyback" because it uses all of our existing sensors? I believe if you tune it within +/- 5% of the long-term fuel trims, the tune will hold its own and the ecu will not re-learn. That is the trick pretty much.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Oh ok yeah that makes sense to me now about why its a piggyback setup. I was told be 2 members its very user friendly and since i have access to a toyota techstream i can watch two computers and datalog at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There will be plenty. Although it is looking like there are more set S2000 and Honda meets, but all will be welcome. I'll keep you guys up to date.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.