Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I am using it to ask everyone how many miles they have on their car and how reliable its been.

I bought a 2002 IS 300 auto one year ago with 19,000 miles and one year later I have 39,000 on it. I love this car and baby it alot and sometimes I feel I am very anal about driving it too much. I have a beater that I use about 50% of the time but I figure I will still put about 20,000 mile per year on my car. Basically, I plan on keeping this car for at least 2 more before I will buy another vehicle so I want to know what to expect in terms of reliability over this period of time? Will I be looking at any major overhauls/repairs?

I tried searching but nothing popped up and sorry for the lame question its just that I had a bad experience with my previous car that I thought was suppose to have been very reliable.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
well at your 60,000 you will have to do some things...im pretty sure the big one though is at 90,000..theres a thread that shows what they do on each service, or you can look in your owners manual

·
Registered
941 Posts
I can't even count how many threads have been started in ragards to mileage counts. The search button will become your best friend :).

As far as reliability goes, its a lexus... just do the scheduled maintenance and you will be fine.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill_IS said:
I can't even count how many threads have been started in ragards to mileage counts. The search button will become your best friend :).

As far as reliability goes, its a lexus... just do the scheduled maintenance and you will be fine.

Yeah, like I said I tried to search but nothing relevent came up. Maybe I am not using the right terms--I typed in reliablity and got nothing then I typed miles/mileage and got threads related to gas mileage. But, thanks for your input.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah man, if you take care of your car it will last 250,000 NO PROBLEM.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Proper scheduled maintenance will keep your car going. From reading your post, you got 39k miles now, hopefully you did your 30k service.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ill_IS said:
yeah man, if you take care of your car it will last 250,000 NO PROBLEM.
werd...it's a lexus/toyota...these things will last forever...

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gray Rider said:
Proper scheduled maintenance will keep your car going. From reading your post, you got 39k miles now, hopefully you did your 30k service.
Not yet. I plan on taking it in next week so it will get done for sure. On a side note I searched and came up on the thread regarding wether to get the vehicle serviced at Lexus vs Toyota and I called Lexus and quoted me $600 for the 30k mile service. I then called two toyota dealerships and they told me that they won't service Lexus vehicles but the third toyota dealership I called said that they could do it and it would cost me about $170. But, damn we are talking about a $400 difference here for the same service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts