Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hihi
How many Kilometer was on your brand new IS when u guys bought it??
and how do u tell if the IS is newly produced by looking at the VIN #??
cos i am going to pick up my IS tomorrow, so, those r things i need to pay attention to!!
thx!!!

p.s. does anyone know if there is still "rebate" now?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
4 miles on it!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
mine had 7

wish it still had 7

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yangyang11,

YOu can kinda figure out how old the car is. I work at a car dealership so we learn things like this. The first number/letter in your VIN number shows where it was made. For our lovely IS's they should all start with J. Then there should be 2 letters, i don't know that those are for. Then it should read BD1822 this is the IS300 model number. All is300's of should read BD1822. Next the 8th to last number/letter should be a 1. This stands for 2001. A 2000 car will read Y, a 1999 should be X and back from there. Finally i believe the last 7 numbers show which number your IS is. i don't know how many they've made, but mine is 0008thousand-something. To find out how long its been at the dealership, there is a simple rule. The lower the stock number, the longer its been there. So try to find the highest stock number, they should be located on stickers or tags. Its what the salesman will look at before he gets the keys to the car. So i guess that it. If you want one that is brand-spanking new, ask for one that has just been "PDI-ed" PDI stands for Pre-Delivery-Inspection, or basically they just recieved it from the truck and filled in with all vital fluids and prepped it etc. This is your best bet for an IS that hasn't been abused by dealership workers, and believe me, I have seen workers abuse the hell out of the cars, milage doesn't tell the whole story.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx!! IS300
i just picked up my DPW IS today!!!
it has 78 kilometers on it, o well!!
my stock # is around 4000....kinda low, but donno how many IS has been sold in Toronto...
what a sweet ride!!!!!!!!
: D
i enjoyed driving it a lot today!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
TRIZ,

yeah sorry about that, there are actually three different ISs, the base model, the leather package model, and the luxury package, chances are you just got a different package then me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine had 3, but they had to drive it in from Merine County (sp).

Now this Saturday it will be 7 weeks since I've gotten it and it has 762 miles on it
Gosh, I'm running my car into the ground
. But I still havent washed it and its still shinny because I spray wax the whole thing whenever I take it out, and I 20/20 the windows, do the rims and tires so theres really no reason why I have to wash it, people are amazed that I've never washed it because its still so shinny!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts