Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just bought a 2002 with 125K

- dealer says previous owner didnt keep up maintainence from 36K, but when I saw Trippa @160K and The-IS @ 170K my confidence is strong :p

Before inspection, I took it to the dealer, he told me I was pushing it... since it has 125 K, and never seen a dealer since 36K (I am guessing maybe other mechanics.. but no papers on this baby) especially with the timing belt... so he's got me worried and I am thinking of giving it a major overhaul any suggestions? any pointers on how I could approach this... I didnt want to drive it before I serviced it - but I cant wait... :investiga

1. How much can I expect to spend (the dealers price was outrageous)
  2. what to get done? (he had a long list)
  3. Which ones first?

Mine has a lot of miles(175,000 now), but if anything goes wrong with the car im covered, Lance Ho Lung(Toyomoto) is my father, he inspected the car before we bought it. It all depends on(in my opinion) how the car is mantained and if it was ever abused.The previous owner had the car serviced very frequently and never had to change the clutch(the clutch went 168k before we put in the new one to handle the additonal power of the Toyo S/C kit), If the clutch went that many miles, I dont think the car was abused at all. Just had the Toyomoto S/C kit put on, with an AEM EMS and a few other goodies. Car put down 324rwhp and runs amazing, even with all those miles. :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just bought an '02 5MT with ~92k on it. I was a little worried about the high miles on it, but reading this thread lets me sleep well at night. For those of you with 170+K on your cars and have them running awesome... You rock.

I told my girlfriends parents to guess how many miles were on my car. There first guess was 20k. I love these cars, and love the fact that it will last me even more.

101 - 120 of 233 Posts