Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
I drive mine everyday... I just don't drive very far. don't be hatin' :disagree:

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 with 87,000 bought her with 84,000. <~~~It pains me to see her have so much high miles. I treat her like a baby though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
03 model bought it new 02, now with 45k:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
worst case scenarios what would you do?

Just bought a 2002 with 125K

- dealer says previous owner didnt keep up maintainence from 36K, but when I saw Trippa @160K and The-IS @ 170K my confidence is strong :p

Before inspection, I took it to the dealer, he told me I was pushing it... since it has 125 K, and never seen a dealer since 36K (I am guessing maybe other mechanics.. but no papers on this baby) especially with the timing belt... so he's got me worried and I am thinking of giving it a major overhaul any suggestions? any pointers on how I could approach this... I didnt want to drive it before I serviced it - but I cant wait... :investiga

1. How much can I expect to spend (the dealers price was outrageous)
  2. what to get done? (he had a long list)
  3. Which ones first?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have a 2004 with 35k on the body and 7k on the new moter and tranny! She smells and looks new!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just bought a 2002 with 125K

- dealer says previous owner didnt keep up maintainence from 36K, but when I saw Trippa @160K and The-IS @ 170K my confidence is strong :p

Before inspection, I took it to the dealer, he told me I was pushing it... since it has 125 K, and never seen a dealer since 36K (I am guessing maybe other mechanics.. but no papers on this baby) especially with the timing belt... so he's got me worried and I am thinking of giving it a major overhaul any suggestions? any pointers on how I could approach this... I didnt want to drive it before I serviced it - but I cant wait... :investiga

1. How much can I expect to spend (the dealers price was outrageous)
  2. what to get done? (he had a long list)
  3. Which ones first?
If you're located in SoCal take it to LMW.

·
Registered
834 Posts
19k on an 04

·
Registered
74 Posts
'01 75k miles... it was on rest for 6 months in my carport since i couldnt drive from a DUI... replaced the battery and its up and running like it never slept!

·
Registered
192 Posts
'03 with 74k

bought it about 6 months ago with about 6k fewer miles on it.

As a side note, there are a ton of low mileage IS's on here! What the heck have people been doing with these cars for the past 4-5-6 years? Obviously not driving them.

61 - 80 of 233 Posts