Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I would deffinately run an ad in the paper. Try Carmax as well. Kids will be graduating soon, which might help. I'd also try Auto Trader.

Its very sharp, I'd guess $32,000.00 or more!

Do a search on the Auto Trader Web site. Not a cheap IS on there.

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: Hunt NXS ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, im hoping i can get some decent amount for it. The wheels and tires cost around $2500 plus everything else...i dont want to sell to a dealer cause they'll give me nothing for the extras right.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
What did u do with the stock rims??

I need some stocks...

Dude try www.autotrader.com

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Although I've never understood it, modded cars never seem to sell well, unless you happen to find someone that wants exactly what you have. So with new loaded IS300s going for $30,000, with no mods your car probably won't bring more than $26,000, but if you're patient, maybe you can find the right buyer. It's usually better to pull the mods and sell it stock, then sell the mods.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with ckolsen

-jason

Originally posted by ckolsen:
Although I've never understood it, modded cars never seem to sell well, unless you happen to find someone that wants exactly what you have. So with new loaded IS300s going for $30,000, with no mods your car probably won't bring more than $26,000, but if you're patient, maybe you can find the right buyer. It's usually better to pull the mods and sell it stock, then sell the mods.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by sebastian:
Well I might be having to sell my IS soon, (very soon), please take a look at my site (my car) and tell me what you think I can get for it. http://www.mp3ecstasy.com/is300/Lexus/is300.html

Thanks for the help and where would be the best place to try to sell???? Its got 6k miles.
OH NO! Not another victim being forced to get rid of their IS!

I'm telling you I see a trend here.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sebastian, I sold my IS for $29k, and other than spoiler and chromed (OEM) wheels, it was completely stock. I don't see why you can't get at least $31k for yours since you have a few add-ons.

Good luck

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: DrJai ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments...
ya i did have to take out my spare to put in the system, which I didn't really mind cause where I live everywhere is close to home. i dont have my extra wheels cause I sold them. not sure if I want to sell the system because i will probably just put it into my next vehicle. reason for maybe getting rid of it is because Im getting married at the end of the year and I will be inheriting a daughter so im thinking i need to get something a little bigger to suit us better.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
No one cares what mods have been done to your car come selling time. My Dealer gave me 27,000 for my car Plus an extra 1000 for OEM Chrome and an Extra $500 for Dash Kit and $500 for a Spoiler. And thats after I bitched an pouted for a few minutes well... (originally trade was quoted at 26.5) Your looking to get offers for about 25-26 for your car from dealers, maybe more from private buyers... but i wouldnt guess over 30 since I got my new one for 29.5?? Good Luck.

·
Registered
412 Posts
ANOTHER expecting and soon-to-be married couple. Congratulations! You deserve 5 stars for that

Good luck to you and your future wife. It sounds like she and I are due around the same time

Originally posted by sebastian:
thanks for the comments...
ya i did have to take out my spare to put in the system, which I didn't really mind cause where I live everywhere is close to home. i dont have my extra wheels cause I sold them. not sure if I want to sell the system because i will probably just put it into my next vehicle. reason for maybe getting rid of it is because Im getting married at the end of the year and I will be inheriting a daughter so im thinking i need to get something a little bigger to suit us better.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a wife and daughter and they fit just fine. We do have an Expedition for bikes, my hunting and fishing trips etc.

Make your wife drive the family car, I do!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts