Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its good and bad news, since im only 17 my dads like 34,000$ for a kid is a little bit high, but the reall problem is i cant really drive a stick yet ive done a couple times not to bad didnt stall like twice. so my dads gonna get me a crappy 5 spd to learen and next year like end of high school. When I graduate. I can get like a 35,000$ most likley and IS or BMW 330CI coupe.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Talk to Boyie - He'll tell you how to manipulate your father to not only buy you a 35K Lex, but how you can get him to do it yearly!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Be glad that Daddy can buy you a car.. perhaps one day you can actually earn enough to appreciate a car of that caliber. You sure as hell won't earn it as an English teacher.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i made 5k in 2 months working formy dad, im gonna run my dads companies when i get my degree, ill have no time at all for fun in like 5 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
17 year rich boys like you shouldn't be driving a new lexus. it just ain't right i tell ya. you should be driving a 85 corolla kiddo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dads worked hard to get us a good life 45 years since 10 hes been doing consturction and he wants us to have what he didnt.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My parents wanted my sister and I to have a good life too, but not have it handed to us... They made us earn it.... I am glad they did cause it makes you appreciate the things YOU buy yourself that much more.... I graduated and got myself a good job.. I am 24 and I bought my dad a brand new car, to thank them for what they did for me... Grant it, it was a 2000 camry but I paid cash for it and financed my own car a used 1999 Solara!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Sky... take some of that 5k you supposedly earned and put it down YOURSELF on an IS. Learn to EARN what you get in life. Take something from serch's post. You'll NEVER learn to appreciate what you have in life unless you work for it. My dad came to America with 7 bucks in his pocket, and worked his ass off to do quite well for himself in construction. He could've easily showered me with cars because of "wanting me to have what he didn't have". I learned the value of a dollar, and how to get what I want by EARNING it.

So when you get your new car, keep in mind that those of us who earned the money, and bought it with OUR money, will have learned a valuable lesson that you may never learn. I'm 41, and have been around long enough to know I'm right. When you post essentially boasting that daddy's gonna buy you a car at 18, don't expect "attaboy's" from older posters who have a leg up on you in terms of life's values.

Spoiler

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Sky! Wow, I wish my parents woulda bought me a lexus when I was 18.
Granted though they did buy me my IS, but I'm 22 now and it was a present for getting into med school. I'm sure they're counting on me to shower them with gifts and put them up in nice poshy retirement communities hehe. ;> Well, probably not the latter as they have more than enough investments and savings to take care of their retirement, but I plan to reciprocate their gift none the less. Enjoy the gift, one of the first things I'm gonna do when I get out of school is learn how to drive a stick!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please teach me how you can put down 5k for the IS when you are 18, spoiler. I want to know so I can put a down payment and buy myself an IS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
man... sky15 ur story sounds eerily familiar ... i got my IS at 19 ... i appreciate it, but definitely not as much as i should
oh well... just get high marks in college and do the same for your kids. My dad did it so I don't always think about cars and what i want and concentrate fully on college.. little does he know i spend all my time checkin out rims + kits and postin on these sites hehe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey spoiler the 5k i made i worked construction for 9 hours a day all summer so dont tell me i didnt earn it and for my dad he came from italy on a boat no money whats so ever, he also own a construction company he started 35 years ago and now he wants us to have a good life, dont think i get what ever i want my dad is so damn stubborn its takes me long time just to get 20 dollars. The car is for a graduation present, and i dont know which part of the world ur dad came from but in italy the kids dont get a reall job there untill 23 all my cousins there still dont have a job, and there 25 know thats spoilded Ive been working since 14. I know what responsibility is. I buy everything my self besides my car as off now cause i got a hand down, granted its still a good one 98 4runner, but everything else i buy it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sky15,

Spoiler is right about one thing. You should learn how to earn your money. Daddy buy you a brand new IS is not necessary means things will come easier in your life. You need to learn it by earning it.

I am 24 and earn my IS 300 by my own saving after I graduated and worked for 1 year as an engineer. I am happy about that.

Two years ago, my parents were willing to buy me an Audi or BMW since I totaled my Mitsub. in a car accident... But I didn't take their gift. I earned it and I am proud to show it off now 'cos I am not some rich kid living with what their parents handed me.

Just something worth thinking about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DO u think I was just handed 5 grand I worked all summer for it, doing consturction. It's also a gift for college, in 5 years ill be working my ass off 14 hours a day 7 days a week, then will see if i deserve it, by then i'll buy a new car maybe an M3.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sky, in many ways, I was in the same situation you are. My father came to America with nothing in his pocket, and now he owns a multi-million dollar company. When I was 17 (I'm 25 now), I begged like a little kid for him to get me a beemer. He could easily afford it, and lots of people in my school had it.

But he realized he'd be doing me a favor in the long run, if he made me appreciate hard work and effort to get what I wanted. He told me to get a beemer when I could get my own, and that a 35,000 car was way too much for a 17 year old kid. I ended up getting an Integra (which is no-slouch either). But now that I'm older, I realize he DID do me a favor. I can afford an IS now, but it makes me appreciate it so much more because I can. Besides, if you drive an IS at 17, what the hell are you gonna upgrade to when you graduate college???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dought I'll get in to an accident with it I dont slam my car like other people to race it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
56 Replies
26 Participants
Sky15
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing