Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much prices have come down in Chicago? What prices did you get and what options were on it?

If it hasn't come down a lot in the city I guess I'll have to go to the rural parts of the midwest to get a deal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
McGrath Lexus in the city is saying over the phone that they have come way down in price but they won't quote you a number unless you're in the dealership. My guess is $32k loaded. I was going to pretend to be a customer (I bought my IS300 is June at Orland Lexus) and walk into the dealership to see what the best price is but I don't want early buyers remorse (I paid MSRP),

ELS

·
Registered
697 Posts
got mine from McGrath Lexus,

I got mine silver IS, power seats, leather, trunk mat, wheel lock...etc, except sunroof, LSD and heated seat for 30500 plus i made them throw in 5 sets of Pirelli P7000 SS All season tire for no extra cost.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by RiceBoy:
Anyone know how much prices have come down in Chicago? What prices did you get and what options were on it?

If it hasn't come down a lot in the city I guess I'll have to go to the rural parts of the midwest to get a deal. Thanks in advance.

I dont know how much the prices went down but i will say that if you can get your Lexus at Bredemann Lexus in Glenview, IL

The have great service and they give FREE HAND washes on every saturday between like 8am and 3 pm

THey even give you a full Breakfast Buffet while you wait for it to be washed.....
(the buffet is only till 12pm)

You can even bring the family down to join in the fun......

I highly recommend them.......they own like 10 dealerships in the Chicago area (bredemann)

Just my .02

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake (on order)

·
Registered
219 Posts

Well here in St. Louis My sticker price was 37,000 it has every option. Limted slip, Chome 17" rim, Rear spoiler, heated seats, front nose mask,

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
holy ****! do you know someone or something?

Originally posted by saltedeggman:
got mine from McGrath Lexus,

I got mine silver IS, power seats, leather, trunk mat, wheel lock...etc, except sunroof, LSD and heated seat for 30500 plus i made them throw in 5 sets of Pirelli P7000 SS All season tire for no extra cost.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ShoRoom, that is the highest price I have heard of yet! I got all options except the heated seats, bought it in August for $34,400.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
holy ****! do you know someone or something?

and also I got 200 Gift certificate from them , guess i will use it for the 3rd service...

i don't consider it was really a good price, sicne i have seen someone on the board getting much of better price than i did for their fully loaded IS

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
well....you still haven't told me what the deal is, what is the secret, or how did you swing such a good bargain, i would like to know, so that i may try and duplicate this deal at my local lexus dealership.

and also I got 200 Gift certificate from them , guess i will use it for the 3rd service...

i don't consider it was really a good price, sicne i have seen someone on the board getting much of better price than i did for their fully loaded IS

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
well....you still haven't told me what the deal is, what is the secret, or how did you swing such a good bargain, i would like to know, so that i may try and duplicate this deal at my local lexus dealership.

its a long story, i've had my eye on the IS for a long time. About two months ago, my family went to the local Lexus dealer (McGrath), no, it wasn't at the end of the month. First we had a good look, but we needed time to ponder over the deal, either wait for the 325xi, or get the IS at the moment. We throw down a 500 refundable deposit to keep the car (actually there was a whole bunch in the lot). After the deposit, we went home and think it over. Then we decided not to take the IS since it RWD, opposed to BMW's AWD (325xi). The BMW was nowhere to be find, and we needed to special order one. Toward the end of the month. We got a phone call from the salesman from Lexus, and they said that its the end of the month and they are going to let go for 30000 even. It was very tempting and we went over and see if it will work out. Once we got over there, he said that he will sell it to us for a higher price than 30000. We told him that the only thing that motivated us to come to the dealer again was because he said that he will sell it for 30k. We talked for a while, and we gave me the price 30000, and thats the final offer. He went to talk to his boss/owner, and he really can't knock anymore off the MSRP. Instead, he'd gave us the upgrade to Pirelli P7000 All-season tire for free and $200 dollars worth of gift certificate, he gave us the price of 30500. Then we agreeded on the price (since the MSRP on the car was like 33k, and they wanted 600 just to upgrade to all season tire (rippoff). WE took the deal...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i see, ok, thank you, i am going to try this with the 5 speed, i will let you know if it works or not.

its a long story, i've had my eye on the IS for a long time. About two months ago, my family went to the local Lexus dealer (McGrath), no, it wasn't at the end of the month. First we had a good look, but we needed time to ponder over the deal, either wait for the 325xi, or get the IS at the moment. We throw down a 500 refundable deposit to keep the car (actually there was a whole bunch in the lot). After the deposit, we went home and think it over. Then we decided not to take the IS since it RWD, opposed to BMW's AWD (325xi). The BMW was nowhere to be find, and we needed to special order one. Toward the end of the month. We got a phone call from the salesman from Lexus, and they said that its the end of the month and they are going to let go for 30000 even. It was very tempting and we went over and see if it will work out. Once we got over there, he said that he will sell it to us for a higher price than 30000. We told him that the only thing that motivated us to come to the dealer again was because he said that he will sell it for 30k. We talked for a while, and we gave me the price 30000, and thats the final offer. He went to talk to his boss/owner, and he really can't knock anymore off the MSRP. Instead, he'd gave us the upgrade to Pirelli P7000 All-season tire for free and $200 dollars worth of gift certificate, he gave us the price of 30500. Then we agreeded on the price (since the MSRP on the car was like 33k, and they wanted 600 just to upgrade to all season tire (rippoff). WE took the deal...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Got mine for $31,900 before tax from Woodfield Lex. It has everything, LSD, moonroof, heated seats, leather package, spoiler, stock 17's, SBM. I dont know if I get a free car wash on Sat or not...

Reefa

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by Hunt NXS:
ShoRoom, that is the highest price I have heard of yet! I got all options except the heated seats, bought it in August for $34,400.
Hunt that was the sticker price.... I paid 32,000 with my trade, The orginal sticker was 34,500 with moonroof, heated seats ETC. The Elite Package brought it up 3,000 more and that package included Chome 17" wheels, rear spoiler, front nose mask.

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
'01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Dude...not to say you did something wrong, but was the "Elite Package" actually worth 3G's?

Reefa

Originally posted by ShoRoom_IS300:
Hunt that was the sticker price.... I paid 32,000 with my trade, The orginal sticker was 34,500 with moonroof, heated seats ETC. The Elite Package brought it up 3,000 more and that package included Chome 17" wheels, rear spoiler, front nose mask.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the help with prices, it helped me get my IS300 for 31,181 at McGrath at Westmont.

Options:
Leather package w/out wood trim, Moonroof, Heated Seats, LSD, Wheel Locks, and the trunk mat.

Woohoo!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
can you post pics? i have never seen pics of a car with the "elite package" nor have i ever heard of it. thanks

Originally posted by ShoRoom_IS300:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing