Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what kind of discounts anyone's getting in the midwest. The best price I've recently locked down from a dealer in Chicago is 2000 off of MSRP. I'm still trying to decide whether to get an IS now, before the snow or after the winter season when prices may be even more negotionable. My dealer told me I definitely need to put winter wheels on the 17 inch wheels, The extra cost and hassle makes a pre-winter purchase less appealing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really don't know if winter tires make THAT much of a difference, from my experince they don't.... But I do know this, that I know around 50x more about what a car needs than any dealer I've ever talked with (especially well dressed Lexus dealers
) And a lot of the guys on this forum know about 1000x times more than I do, so I'd take heed to their advise

[This message has been edited by Omni (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Omni:
I really don't know if winter tires make THAT much of a difference, from my experince they don't.... But I do know this, that I know around 50x more about what a car needs than any dealer I've ever talked with (especially well dressed Lexus dealers
) And a lot of the guys on this forum know about 1000x times more than I do, so I'd take heed to their advise

[This message has been edited by Omni (edited September 25, 2000).]

Speaking of car needs, would you ever put anything besides premium fuel in a new IS300? Also, the cheapest price has gone down a couple hundred bucks now, 2200 off of MSRP? WIll the discounts ever stop???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts