Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to change my midbass in my doors and tweeter setup. I am thinking of the Pioneer Rev I liked how they sounded in one of my friends cars but just wondering what others suggestions would be for the best setup.

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
Are you just looking for a 6.5 midbass alone? What tweeters will you be running with this setup?

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
We need more information... how much power, what kind of subs (if any) do you have... what are you running for tweeters... etc...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking about the Pioneer TS-D1720C component set w/ the 6 3/4 midbass and the tweeters. I also have a 12" sub but am thinking of getting rid of it. It is so heavy and might just do a custom 8" shallow Pioneer TS-SW841D sub in the rear deck along with Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9. I heard the original Pioneer Rev setup and that sounded very good amped and gives you a good amount of bass too. I am just looking for some suggestions of people that have changed their setup or just have some feedback.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Check out Elemental Designs

Elemental designs makes lots of budget oriented gear for people looking to do real simple installs such as yours. And IMO, their gear is much better than anything from pioneer (save the high dollar PRS stuff).

ED also makes shallow mount subs and sound deadening material. You can literally build an entire package (components, subs, amps, wiring, and sound deadening material) for less than $800.

Use their "package builder" feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts