Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
My2001Lex said:
Your saying you can code the app in a day??? Is this a static site?? If we want this to be dynamic then we have ALOT of coding to do, plus the hassel of setting up the table structures, nevermind finding a free, easy to use, database. Viper, what exactly were you thinking about for the solution??
What? Are you new?

When I read what you type you remind me of that toilet paper commercial where the new puppy hears food in his bowl and gets so excited he races across the hardwood floor, but can't stop and slides into the cabinets.

Don't get so worried over nothing.

Wino's hosting company includes SQL or access use in their hosting fees, so no problem there. As for dynamic, I can code an app that will allow members to upload any number of files, or folders of files, directly to the server through an N-tier process that will allow for error, virus, and size checking on-the-fly. We could even have it produce thumbnails and let them enter captions. To take it a step futher we could even charge a "setup" fee and have it processed with 128-bit encryption and deposited directly to my account with no interaction from me ever. :D

It would take a day to code this raw, a day to tweak, and however long for someone to design a pretty little page for it to go on.



Wino_II said:
Viper is the smartest web developer in the entire world, I have faith!!! :lol:
No, just more experienced than others.





Don't take it personal my2001, I'm just bustin your chops. I do this type of thing for a living and there is alot of code I've already written that can be reused...that's the only reason I can do it so quickly.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
viper66 said:
To take it a step futher we could even charge a "setup" fee and have it processed with 128-bit encryption and deposited directly to my account with no interaction from me ever. :D
If there is any money transactions its going to go into my pocket for hosting the site. Also into food/beers for our meets. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Am I new to the site? yes... new to web developement? depends on what new. I have been doing it for 5 years.

As for the analogy, if Im the puppy, does that make you the turtle since Erik has asked you for this for a while now or are you OJ searching for the killer in your free time.

I am not starting any shit, but an access database would not handle crap. It can not handle 5 people hitting it at the same time, never mind 20-50.

And if it takes you a day to code then shit with my help we could get it done in half a day... lets get on it. Someone has to get this ball rolling right

viper66 said:
My2001Lex said:
Your saying you can code the app in a day??? Is this a static site?? If we want this to be dynamic then we have ALOT of coding to do, plus the hassel of setting up the table structures, nevermind finding a free, easy to use, database. Viper, what exactly were you thinking about for the solution??
What? Are you new?

When I read what you type you remind me of that toilet paper commercial where the new puppy hears food in his bowl and gets so excited he races across the hardwood floor, but can't stop and slides into the cabinets.

Don't get so worried over nothing.

Wino's hosting company includes SQL or access use in their hosting fees, so no problem there. As for dynamic, I can code an app that will allow members to upload any number of files, or folders of files, directly to the server through an N-tier process that will allow for error, virus, and size checking on-the-fly. We could even have it produce thumbnails and let them enter captions. To take it a step futher we could even charge a "setup" fee and have it processed with 128-bit encryption and deposited directly to my account with no interaction from me ever. :D

It would take a day to code this raw, a day to tweak, and however long for someone to design a pretty little page for it to go on.



Wino_II said:
Viper is the smartest web developer in the entire world, I have faith!!! :lol:
No, just more experienced than others.





Don't take it personal my2001, I'm just bustin your chops. I do this type of thing for a living and there is alot of code I've already written that can be reused...that's the only reason I can do it so quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I have A LOT completed as well... I wrote the USPS an app in ASP.. Might find alot of the functionality helpful


viper66 said:
Don't take it personal my2001, I'm just bustin your chops. I do this type of thing for a living and there is alot of code I've already written that can be reused...that's the only reason I can do it so quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Tortoise :lol: Ha ha, good one. :-?

Though I do love .net with all my heart, I gotsta do what gets me paid. Charity is left for the weekends.

I'm coming up on the end of Version 1.0 of a 9 month long project on wednesday. So I should be able to throw down sometime next week. Clear your calander ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
ya realized I spelled that wrong... if you look now its 'turtle' but you got the idea. As for being a ****... Im gay for chicks :D
If it takes one weekend, then thats fine with me... we can help out these .netters and get the ball rolling... who knows though man, it might be a hit and other forums PURCHASE it :D

viper66 said:
Tortoise :lol: Ha ha, good one. :-?

Though I do love .net with all my heart, I gotsta do what gets me paid. Charity is left for the weekends.

I'm coming up on the end of Version 1.0 of a 9 month long project on wednesday. So I should be able to throw down sometime next week. Clear your calander ****.
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top