Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back home (in MD) for a few days to spend time with my family for T-giving... While there, I went to my local Mercedes dealer in Silver Spring, MD (Herb Gordan) to finally get the useless teleaid feature activated. Outside was a brand new 2003 Black CL600. Michael Jordan was taking delivery of the car... Twin Turbo V12... 0-60 in 4.7 seconds... Damn.. and no, I didn't approach the b&b legend..
Eric...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
EricK said:
I went back home (in MD) for a few days to spend time with my family for T-giving... While there, I went to my local Mercedes dealer in Silver Spring, MD (Herb Gordan) to finally get the useless teleaid feature activated. Outside was a brand new 2003 Black CL600. Michael Jordan was taking delivery of the car... Twin Turbo V12... 0-60 in 4.7 seconds... Damn.. and no, I didn't approach the b&b legend..
Eric...
A TT V12 that only does 4.7? Why does that sound a little underachieving?

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Well...since you put it that way...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

The CL/S600 is a MASSIVE CAR which weighs about 4800 lbs or more... Compared with say a BMW M3 which weighs 1500 lbs less... What amazes me is that a car so heavy and big can be so fast
Eric...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
I have been educated. Thank you. You are all the ointment to my rash of ignorance.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
s0yb0mb said:
1) slushbox
2) grip
3) who cares, that thing is sick!

I don't think it has anything to do with "slushbox"... Automobile magazine had a comparo with the E55, M5, RS6, and X-type R and the automatic RS6 did 0-60 in 4.3 sec... Much faster than everything else.... And grip is not a big factor cause the sports pkg on the CL600 give it HUGE foot prints.... It's more weight than anything else I'm sure...
Eric...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

The CL/S600 is a MASSIVE CAR which weighs about 4800 lbs or more... Compared with say a BMW M3 which weighs 1500 lbs less... What amazes me is that a car so heavy and big can be so fast
Eric...
Is the 4800lbs with or without the price tag on it? :crazy:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

Eric...

By the way, the dealer told me that the Jordan's CL600 as equipped carried a very heavy window sticker of $139,000 which must be the culprit for the extra weight....
Eric...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

Eric...

By the way, the dealer told me that the Jordan's CL600 as equipped carried a very heavy window sticker of $139,000 which must be the culprit for the extra weight....
Eric...
[testicles begin to rise up into abdomen]

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

The CL/S600 is a MASSIVE CAR which weighs about 4800 lbs or more... Compared with say a BMW M3 which weighs 1500 lbs less..

. What amazes me is that a car so heavy and big can be so fast
Eric...

Eric...
^_^ drink some green tea, that should fix it.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Sanctuary said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Lex Luthor said:
EricK said:
Eric...

The CL/S600 is a MASSIVE CAR which weighs about 4800 lbs or more... Compared with say a BMW M3 which weighs 1500 lbs less..

. What amazes me is that a car so heavy and big can be so fast
Eric...

Eric...
^_^ drink some green tea, that should fix it.
Thanks, dick. I just spit out my gum laughin' at that one. :lol:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
EricK said:
Eric...
Michael Jordan owns a Bed and Breakfast?

·
Registered
866 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
EricK said:
Eric...
Michael Jordan owns a Bed and Breakfast?
hilarious :shame:

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
LexArkana said:
Did he take you out back and poke you in the shitter with his Alabama blacksnake?
I thought he was from North Carolina?

Shut up. I know it's from Platoon.
EDIT: I'm stupid. It was Full metal Jacket. I always get those two mixed up. My bad.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
17 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing