Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know during my trip to Florida from NY I saw one IS300. This weekend I went down to South Beach and saw about 50. Damn even in NY in the past 10 months if I seen 6 its been a lot. Saw a few with personalized plates: Panama1 and Altezza. Dont know if its anyone here. Saw a solar yellow one with TV's in it. A few others driving around and a graphite grey one on I-75 on the way back to Tampa. Well anyway South beach was good. I had fun and had about 40 coronas that I need to work off. As always women were plentifull, but lots of couples. I missed memorial weekend but I heard that this year was bad, lots of problems. But I made it down anyways. Again I killed about 100 billion bugs I think I have few in my teeth and killed one possum or something. How many points is that? We think I drove by a cop at 130mph...supposedly he was in the left lane my bother says. Either he blinked and missed us or he just said f*ck it.
Well hello to all the miami people out there and maybe Ill catch you another time.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hello to you too Triz!

There are ALOT of IS's here in Miami. The dude with the Alteeza plate used to live in my building. He is cool and I think he's on this site.

Memorial Day was HORRIBLE here. There was alot of trouble on the beach.

Let me know if you come back!!

Mario.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Not quite Miami, but on my way home from work today through Boca Raton, I saw four, two yellows, a gray and a silver...

The Altezza-plate guy was at our Miami Fuddruckers meet. And Jiggafett was telling me about the one with the TV's in the seats...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I saw a few IS's at the Puerto Rican Parade.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
They were TIGHT! Never seen so many cuties in one spot before

Oh yea the IS's there were normal, no mods.
I did see a white one with some chromes in Astoria Park Sat Night

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just visited South Beath (stayed in Loews right on the beach...close to everything) - Only saw ONE IS! A blue one which had a crooked fog light and a HUGE dent in the rear (on Ocean Drive) - probably got rear ended with all that parallel parking on Ocean...

Then I saw a Yellow, but this was on the way back to Tampa...I think it was on the Turnpike or in Palm Beach, don't remember

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey triz,the car you saw with the ALTEZZA plate was mine,i've seen another siver IS with 19" HRE's on it,is he/she on this board?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Miami Fuddruckers meet? Damn I miss all the good stuff! I was hoping to catch a few of you but I guess it will have to wait for another time since I leave for NY Friday morning. Ah the LOEWS...I have a room there that I havent used but I have a year to use it. Oceanview suite..courtesy of some moronic security guard last memorial weekend that gave me a hard time when I stood there last year. I stood at the Holiday Inn...looks cheesy from the inside but the rooms where actually nice, no balcony like the Loews but $129 compared to $329 it was good. I should be using my room in September when I come back. I might even move down here, not sure. A friend of my brothers said he could get me a job here working for the Govt. (he's politically connected) and all I have to do is decide whether or not I want to come down to move. I thought that was kool. He said because of my experience working with the city and state in NY I would not have any problems. So who knows? The Florida environment (did I spell that right?) would be better for my IS too

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: triz ]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by triz:
A Miami Fuddruckers meet? Damn I miss all the good stuff! I was hoping to catch a few of you but I guess it will have to wait for another time since I leave for NY Friday morning. Ah the LOEWS...I have a room there that I havent used but I have a year to use it. Oceanview suite..courtesy of some moronic security guard last memorial weekend that gave me a hard time when I stood there last year. I stood at the Holiday Inn...looks cheesy from the inside but the rooms where actually nice, no balcony like the Loews but $129 compared to $329 it was good. I should be using my room in September when I come back. I might even move down here, not sure. A friend of my brothers said he could get me a job here working for the Govt. (he's politically connected) and all I have to do is decide whether or not I want to come down to move. I thought that was kool. He said because of my experience working with the city and state in NY I would not have any problems. So who knows? The Florida environment (did I spell that right?) would be better for my IS too

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: triz ]
That's awesome...room at Loews...that hotel is amazing. Yea, environment is good - except for those damn lovebugs...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys whats up. I may have been one of the Silver IS's you saw. I live in Miami but work in Boca. Just got mine about a month ago and I cant wait to hook it up. My last car was a 95 blue M3, bilstein shocks H&R springs, 18x10 / 18x9 Linea sports rims. The IS definately lacks in power compared to my M but this car jams in all other ways. Im saving up my pennies now, looks like I may go the 19" rim way, H&R springs and bilteins. Maybe and ole fart like me "30" can hang and check out some of your rides in person. See ya

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I was just down in south beach all last week. and I must agree... Miami must be the most Is300 populated city i've been in. I saw at least 4 each day, including this lowered millenium silver with 19" rims it appeared to be. I believe it was parked out on Washington last Tuesday close to 8th street. It was PURTY!!! I kept wanting to wave at them, but I was in my neon rental.

AirCartman... I love Coral Gables!!! the houses their are amazing and that Venetian swimmin pool rocks...

marlon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
QuikVR6
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing