Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Miami Auto Show today in Miami Beach and have the following observances.

The Lexus display highlighted the IS and LS/GS430 models, to no one's surprise. They used a Solar Yellow IS with a black leather interior for the podium display. I think there was another gray one on the floor. Both IS's were attracting a fair amount of attention. The LS/GS430's looked okay. The LS doesn't do much for me personally...just a big luxury car without much character. The GS looked alot like the other GS's...nice but not fresh.

The BMW Z8 was the big attraction of the show...one heck of a beautiful car with a killer interior. The other Bimmers were also there, of course, including the 330's. Nothing but the M5 made me want to take a closer look however.

The Audi TT was getting alot of traffic...kind of amazing being that it was introduced over a year ago. Mercedes had a big draw going...they opened up all their models for people to sit in. I wonder who's going to get the $125,000 600 series that everyone was bouncing in and out of?

Ugliest car of the show: Pontiac Aztek, hands down. Looks like the Family Truckster from Chevy Chase's Vacation. What were they thinking?

Amazingly enough, there were a ton of people looking at Ford trucks, particularly the SUV's. Maybe these people had just looked at the Aztek?....I don't know.

Finally, I had to take a close look at the Acura CL-S after everything that has been written in this forum. Acura had a red one on display. The engine looked impressive as did the sticker price. IMHO, however, the car looks like a cross between an Accord and a Prelude. That's not a bad thing, I just don't find it particularly eye-catching like the IS.

Definitely a good show...you folks in South Florida should try to get there before it leaves town next weekend.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just got back from the Miami auto show..the IS300's on display did draw alot of attention..much more than the bmw 3 series..i think im going for an Is300 after the show..but gonna wait for the stick shift..also the M3 was there..nice!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts