Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Sony MEXN-5000BT to install in my 2004 IS300. I also bought a metra harness, so I could retain my stock speaker system. However, after I wired everything up, the Sony radio booted up, but NO sound was playing from any speakers at all. How can I fix this? I will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Did you adjust the gain on the Metra? Also double check your wiring, not sure if your oem amp is turning on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you adjust the gain on the Metra? Also double check your wiring, not sure if your oem amp is turning on.
I've followed the guide that was posted in this forum. I connected the amp wire was connected to a wire on the sony that was labeled "REM Out". I will try adjusting the gain on the tyto-01 later. i've checked the wiring several times and it's all right according to the guide.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This happened to me when I first installed mine. Make sure to check ground and gain and if that's all good I would unplug connectors that go into Metra and wait a minute. Then plug the two connectors back into the Metra and try again. For some reason the Metra likes to go into protective mode with the first time use, at least that's what happened to me and a few others I've seen. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whatever therock said should solve your problem. I've also had a problem where the speakers would work fine with the Metra harness one day, but on rare occasions when I start my car there would be no sound coming out. So, If you experience this, instead of going through the pain of removing everything in the center console just to disconnect the harness (I've done it like three plus times before finding a new approach.) Just go into your fuse box in your engine bay and take out the radio fuse to reset the power going to the HU.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem, once I disconnected all the wires (metra harness) and re connected them, the sound kicked on. Like a member said, must have been in protective mode. Sounds great now with my JVC touchscreen and stock speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this an issue of the harness or the console? I'm about to grab a Pioneer touchscreen to install in my '02. BTW is crutchfield a reliable place to get electronics from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
25Romeo...I think the issue was that I installed it incorrectly and it went into protected mode. Crutchfield is a great place to get a stereo. I buy from there,but you can find the same radio on ebay for about $100 less. I bought the wire harness off ebay, but crutchfield had it and the dash kit. Make sure you connect the wires the correct way or you may get engine noise through the radio.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
So this is getting frustrating. One day the radio will work and the next it will be off. Sometimes when Im driving the radio will turn on but that is pretty rare. Starting to get annoyed and might just install back my OEM radio.
Has anyone found a way to make this thing work?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
another thing you want to do when installing TYTO-01 is to make sure you turn the volume all the way to the max on factory stereo before you unplug it from the car.
This is explained in the instructions included.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
does your TYTO-01 have a microUSB or miniUSB plug on it?
If it does you may be able to update the firmware on it to see if it helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts