Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i plan on having an IS300 (02+, i will not buy an auto) by August, and ive been told to find an LSD equipped model if i can. Now im not an expert, but ive been a gearhead since a kid, so i know a bit. So my question is, will a Supra LSD, or any other Yoda/Lex LSD fit? Basically, is it like the 240SX of lexus's?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i couldn't find an edit button for my original post, but i also wanted to know what other Lexus models came with LSD?

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Just be selective, IS's arent hard to find if you remain patient. BTW I believe the Mark III supra Turbo diff works in the IS....in terms of a direct drop in

·
Registered
161 Posts
How to tell if my IS300 has LSD?
Look at the sticker on your driver door sill/jamb, look for the area that reads "A/TM"
You'll see numbers such as B02A, B02B, B02C
A=no LSD
B,C = LSD
If you are still unsure, call 1800 25 LEXUS and ask them to look up your VIN and they can tell you what options it came equipped it from the factory.

If you bought your car second hand, there is a possibility the owner of a non-LSD IS300 swapped in a factory LSD, if this is not disclosed, it makes things a bit more challenging.
Here are pics and info on how to distinguish the two by looking at the gears;
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...68#post3637468

The methods of doing a burn out and checking if there are one or two tire marks / jacking up the car and spinning the wheels are somewhat debated and I am unsure if this is a valid way of determining if your car has lsd or not.

Info on how to perform a swap; Identifying An LSD Pumpkin For IS300?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts