Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I can get the flush done for $80. They do not use Toyota fluids. Should that be a concern?

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would personally use Toyota fluids in my transmission. Ask them if you can supply the fluids and them knock the price down some on the flush. Or see how much the Toyota stealership would charge you????

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local Toyota dealerships are saying they will not touch my car, because it is a Lexus, even though I explained it's the same thing, and that the Supra has a similar engine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just be aware that if you want to use your own fluid you will need roughly 16quarts of lexus tranny fluid to do an actual flush.

BUN

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Toyota Tranny fluid is highly recommended. Lexus tranny is aluminum and Toyota fluid works the best.

There is a difference between, Drain and Fill and an actual Flush. In case you dont know the difference. The drain and fill is that you drain the tranny fluid out and fill it up with new fluid, done.
Waste of an $80 service. You can spend $80-100 and do a flush your self.

Now a flush(recommended to do it on a hoist or something that has the rear wheels off the ground. If not, then drive it around). You drain the fluid, then fill it with new fluid. Drive the car around for a minute. Then drain the fluid and fill with new fluid. Drive the car around. Do this multiple times until the dip stick is all red. Like the fluid in the container. Use 12-16 quarts.

My local Toyota stealerships wont even touch my car. They wont even check the tire pressure :pissed: So, I do all my own work, but buy parts from Toyota. As long as you have the part #, you will be fine. Dont tell them, you have a Lexus ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your toyota dealership wont touch your car? Thats weird. Usually dealerships want to take cars in to bank off you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i know thats crazy but i dont know if i did wrong but i payed $60 for drain and refil at jiffy lube they said to me that they cant flush it because its a lexus and that something with the seals and i asked them if the oil they use its okay they said yes its a penzoil at fluid something like that but yeah not even toyota wanted to do mines to check the battery and either jiffy lube or amco

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Jiffy lube are rookie mechanics that just got out of high school. :lol:
They dont know what there talking about. They will tell you anything that is believeable. (Sorry Jiffy Lube employees).

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Dont go to GoofyLube! Those guys are idiots. There is no reason a Toyota dealer cant do the work on your car. Ask to speak with the service manager at Toyota and explain its not convenient for you to go to Lexus and you want to have competent professionals work on your vehicle not shop XYZ down the street. Hopefully they will accept the work (BTW if they have a used car dept they work on other makes ALL the time

·
Registered
125 Posts
Guess wat guys i went to the Toyota and they didn't want to take it wat a load a crap. Also my cousin has an Acura legend and he went to the Honda dealer and guess wat they also didnt want to touch it. Dats stupid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts