Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow member #218 and only my 5th post. Darn education taking all of my time.

Anyways, went to the Mercedes Power Trip this past Sunday. Got to take those german beauties out for a spin. Got to drive the A4 2.8 quattro, 325i, IS300, C320, C240, and the new C230 sport coupe. All but the c320 and 2.8 quattro proved to be any match to the IS. Saw the new C class wagon too. The IS wagon wins hands down.

It was funny to see the look of the mercedes guys face when the line for the IS was by far the longest all day. Hahaha.

I heard their next stop is San Francisco, so all you bay area people call up your local dealership for info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
will do... thanks for the info...
ps. whats your major? and will you be getting the 01 (most likely)?
-jason

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm "power-tripping" this Sunday at noon in SF (actually, Albany). I'll be sure to flog the IS300. Wish they had a 330i there though for comparison. I guess it's too much car for them. ^_^

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
"Power Trip" just sounds so arrogant...

Hahah...they purposely left out the 330i because it absolutely stomps all the others there.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting my degree in Economics? Anyone have a job for me?
Yeah the 330 is too much but the 325 is not enough. Go figure. Hey, for those of you who drive the IS, when you are staged to go for your test lap, tell me if they tell you to be careful because the IS's steering is "twitchy" (whatever that means). IMHO it was perfect. The guy over there kept telling me that lexus built a hotrod instead of a entry-level luxury car.

Have fun when you go and i highly recommend the Hot Lap with one of their Professional drivers. What a rush.....

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by UCLA-IS300:
wow member #218 and only my 5th post. Darn education taking all of my time.

Anyways, went to the Mercedes Power Trip this past Sunday. Got to take those german beauties out for a spin. Got to drive the A4 2.8 quattro, 325i, IS300, C320, C240, and the new C230 sport coupe. All but the c320 and 2.8 quattro proved to be any match to the IS. Saw the new C class wagon too. The IS wagon wins hands down.

It was funny to see the look of the mercedes guys face when the line for the IS was by far the longest all day. Hahaha.

I heard their next stop is San Francisco, so all you bay area people call up your local dealership for info.

Hey UCLA,
Did you stay for the full 2 hours? Will they let you stay longer? I'm signed up for the AM Chicago EVENT... Can't wait to see how Germany stacks up against Japan
Do you know if they let you sign up for more than one session?

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by UCLA-IS300:
I'm getting my degree in Economics? Anyone have a job for me?
Yeah the 330 is too much but the 325 is not enough. Go figure. Hey, for those of you who drive the IS, when you are staged to go for your test lap, tell me if they tell you to be careful because the IS's steering is "twitchy" (whatever that means). IMHO it was perfect. The guy over there kept telling me that lexus built a hotrod instead of a entry-level luxury car.

Have fun when you go and i highly recommend the Hot Lap with one of their Professional drivers. What a rush.....

hey me too,..i am so glad i am not the only guy here studies economics currently.. most ppl here i seen posting are involved in computer business, or just computer geeks.. hehe.

me dumb..

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are pretty strict on the two hours in the earlier seminars because each seminar is full of people, but I arrived there at around 2:30 for a 3:00 seminar and they said that I could get a few runs in before they started at 3. I actually stayed until closing that day which was around 5:45. Well try to stay longer, it's worth the try.

Yeah, i was actually a Civil engineer before I realized i wanted to have fun in college...Hahaha..

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went on the last day Sunday, hopefully it'll be less crowded on friday.

Their only word of advice is "drive between your range of fun and their range of safe."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts