Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone's seen it or not (don't think it's out yet) but the new Mercedes C-Coupe may give the RSX a bit of a run for it's money. It's priced the same at around $25k and has about the same power at 192hp and 200 lb/ft. of torque. I think with the price and power being relatively equal, the Mercedes gets my nod hands down over the Acura.Mercedes Benz Website

·
2,909 Posts
I test drove it at a MB "power trip" event, I did not like it. The seating is cramped, ABS is very loud, and it handles modestly. Otherwise I feel the back sides (not the rear end) is very plain looking as if they did not see the need to give it any sculpting of some sort, ya know like the crease on the rear sides of our IS's.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I drove this car at the Powertrip event also. Ick. I'd take the RSX-S any day of that Mercedes. The interior is super cheap. I think the 318ti had a better interior and that's saying something. Performance was blah and handing was very blah.

·
Registered
509 Posts
hey, just wondering. what kinda of seat is that?
same as our escaine? and is there full leather option? coz that car interior looks even a lot cheaper than the current IS300..

some guy in bimmer.org claim they'd take RSX-S over it! well. personally, its still a MB after all! for the same price, i'd get that MB, even though it does looks cheap..

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I bet it will sell.
These days people like buying the "name".

Why do you think designer clothing companies are so popular these days?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Went to MB site...Checked out the Photo Gallery in the Flash...

Don't know what to say...Not too impressed...As others have said, the interior looks alright, but the exterior is horrible. The back reminds me of a Dodge Intrepid(I think?)...But the front isn't bad.

I would think it to be a lot better if they just took the current C and "couped" that, rather than "restyling" the back...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts