Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 2JZGE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I’ve been considering purchasing the Megan racing strut bars for my 2002 IS300. Will the strut bar fit even with the OEM engine cover installed? I love the look of the stock engine cover and would prefer to keep it. Do you think I would feel a difference even with my stock suspension? Planning on getting front and rear strut tower braces. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone, I’ve been considering purchasing the Megan racing strut bars for my 2002 IS300. Will the strut bar fit even with the OEM engine cover installed? I love the look of the stock engine cover and would prefer to keep it. Do you think I would feel a difference even with my stock suspension? Planning on getting front and rear strut tower braces. Thanks!
I have the same question about the Megan racing bar:)

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,533 Posts
I can’t tell you if it will fit with the engine cover unfortunately. I can tell you that if you have driven your car hard through turns for quite some time, you are keen to notice a difference in front end rigidity. It will be slight to some, but to others it will be a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just put the rear one on my car a few weeks ago and was surprised to have noticed a small difference. The rear just stays slightly flatter on turns. With both you should notice an improvement, especially on stock suspension.

·
Registered
2001 IS300, E-Shift, CXRacing Turbo Kit, 9:1 Compression, BC264 Cam, ECUMaster Black
8 Posts
To add my two cents, I thought installing the strut bar made my front end seem like it had more turn in response, after doing big brakes and running a spacer that snappiness seems to have left lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts