Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking into getting some Megan C/O's... I did a search on the forum and got some mixed opinions. And info you guys can give me will be much appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking into getting some Megan C/O's... I did a search on the forum and got some mixed opinions. And info you guys can give me will be much appreciated. TIA
From what I've heard, Megan Coilovers come from the same manufacture as the Apexi Coilovers. A few of my friends have Megan Coilovers and not disappointed. I would have gotten Megan Coilovers but i would like something similar to Tein EDFC.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Had them for about 6 months, not the most comfortable coils, but they handle well, for the money I don't think there's anything better.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Had them for about 6 months, not the most comfortable coils, but they handle well, for the money I don't think there's anything better.
can you elaborate some more please? Do you mean they are really stiff and don't ride like stock? Are they not stiff enough and too bouncy?

Would anyone know how they would compare to Apexi WS coils?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
They are very stiff, not bouncy, occationally noisy, but mine were only noisy when I had the car dropped about 2" since I've raised it back up for winter they stopped doing it (the noise is like a thump when going over large bumps, not from the upper arm hitting either I checked). In the 6 months I've owned them I've put a little over 20K miles on them (I drive alot) and they still perform just like the day I got them, no signs of wear.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
They are very stiff, not bouncy, occationally noisy, but mine were only noisy when I had the car dropped about 2" since I've raised it back up for winter they stopped doing it (the noise is like a thump when going over large bumps, not from the upper arm hitting either I checked). In the 6 months I've owned them I've put a little over 20K miles on them (I drive alot) and they still perform just like the day I got them, no signs of wear.
Are these the Street LP series?

Since this is not my daily driver anymore, I am highly considering it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think im definitely getting a set of these for my altezza it would be interesting to see how these would compare to more higher priced coilovers like the Teins...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts