Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody... not me... is looking at planning meets for this year. What events do you think would be fun to have for Lexus group outings? Now that the drama has stopped in here... I've noticed that there's regularly around 40 people checking out the forum at a time... as opposed to the less than 10 from some not-so-nice times of the past. So hopefully this momentum can be used to get some nice events going.

So... what do you think would be fun to do?

I think it would be cool if we could do stuff like those Lexus plant tours in Cambridge for example. Or... is meeting in a parking lot good enough for you???

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
track day meet? We don't have to do it like every month but it would be cool to have especially for people who are curious but don't want to run into anything too serious.

Also perhaps a meet at shop and dyno? haha well perhaps not the dyno but a meet at a shop would be cool.

BBQs, bubble tea houses, karting, dave n busters, korean bbq lol. I don't know just ideas.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Drive-in movie night.

Digger08

·
Registered
159 Posts
the drive in movie night would be a sweet idea, just take up half the lot with IS's lol. The Kart ideas sounds really good too. I'm not entirely sure how it would work, have to ask my bro in law he races at Mosport, could all meet there and do a lap driving day. But i think if its your first time you need to go with an instructor. If anybody is interested I could find out some more information.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We will never get to have a Cambridge tour , i have tried for the past 3 years and it is always NO.
Drive in is great but it is filled with pot holes and gravel with dirt.
Go karting is a simple thing easy to do but the cheapest is Thursdays for $1 a lap.
Track days are expensive but could be used to lump with larger shop days. I still don't like the cops hanging outside trying to ticket people when they leave in their track day street car.
Until it gets warmer and my daughter is born i will not have too much time to organize much .

·
Registered
941 Posts
the "lexus club" is offering tours of the cambridge plant, along with lunch at the langdon hall in cambridge with transportation to the plant, so thats a pretty sweet deal right there!

This year will be my first time out, and so far, all of those ideas sounds pretty sweet to me, i take it the majority of the meets will be in the GTA area correct?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
We will never get to have a Cambridge tour , i have tried for the past 3 years and it is always NO.
Drive in is great but it is filled with pot holes and gravel with dirt.
Go karting is a simple thing easy to do but the cheapest is Thursdays for $1 a lap.
Track days are expensive but could be used to lump with larger shop days. I still don't like the cops hanging outside trying to ticket people when they leave in their track day street car.
Until it gets warmer and my daughter is born i will not have too much time to organize much .
You may have to give a baby seat installation tutorial then.

Digger08

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Korean BBQ sounds pretty good to me. Karting is easy enough to do. Track days gets kinda pricy for me personally. Cruising/touring bothers me due to carbon footprint issues (unless I can pack 4 arses in my car, then I can justify it). Standard meet + photos alway sounds good to me.

Reactions: LEXIGRL

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I say we do a "Canadian Dyno Day",who ever wants comes out dyno's,BBQ,Etc

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Pretty down for anything except for street racing :)

but that bbq sounds real nice. Playdium anyone?

·
Registered
54 Posts
First suggestion:

Arrange the meet times to coincide with daylight hours so that attendees can enjoy the view of all the clean cars and their mods. Obviously, during the summer, meets can be held later in the evening. Standing around in the dark, in blistering cold temperatures trying to check out cars isn't all that fun. :chill:

Second suggestion:

Encourage attendees to post questions, 'show me your...' in-person mods and items that can or will be for sale/trade at the meet.

Third suggestion:

Set up another meet at the dent repair shop. :(

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
First suggestion:

Arrange the meet times to coincide with daylight hours so that attendees can enjoy the view of all the clean cars and their mods. Obviously, during the summer, meets can be held later in the evening. Standing around in the dark, in blistering cold temperatures trying to check out cars isn't all that fun. :chill:

Second suggestion:

Encourage attendees to post questions, 'show me your...' in-person mods and items that can or will be for sale/trade at the meet.

Third suggestion:

Set up another meet at the dent repair shop. :(

Very Good ideas!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I really think Dave n Busters would be a cool meet. Chuck E Cheese for the mature crowd. Better yet no underage ppl allowed...after 9 pm anyway lol

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually Dave and Busters is an amazing idea... (after hours). There's video games... pool tables... bars... food... etc.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Actually Dave and Busters is an amazing idea... (after hours). There's video games... pool tables... bars... food... etc.
Yup see! I think this should definately go down in the summer. Would be a different environment for sure.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Someone mentioned carbon foot print a few posts back,....did I miss something?
If you breath air, you exhale carbon, you have a carbon foot print, what does that have to do with carrying four people in a car while cruising?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Spring swap meet sounds good

everyone clean out ur there garages

plus i wouldnt mind picking up a few goodies

and it wouldnt have to be just car parts only

im looking for street fighter II arcade machine lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think we should all meet up at the beach one day and if its summer we can add some bbq and volleyball :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
It looks like there is more and more ISs on the board from the west end (Cambridge/Waterloo/Kitchener). That is great.

I organized a tour of the Cambridge Toyota plant twice in the last few years. I can try again. They weren't doing the Lexus plant then, but we always can ask again. I've not neighbors that work on the Lexus line. I'll see what I inside info I can get.

I would think an informal meet at the plant with a swap meet would be great. Just a couple hours - keep it low key. If it flys, they maybe something more formal in subsequent years (and if we're good, we can beg them to use their little test track there).

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I think we should all meet up at the beach one day and if its summer we can add some bbq and volleyball :D
I like that idea. Not sure if everyone is down for volleyball (I am) but a bbq would be cool there.

BTW what is a swap meet? Swapping cars? haha

1 - 20 of 282 Posts