Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sup all..

so anyways this past..thursday i believe it was...I went to meet up with Sam(rllinghardis300) in Fallbrook, Socal, to pick up my rims. its like $50 minutes south of 909 area...down 71S, 91E, and wayyy down 15S. so after i met up with sam he gave me and my friend a ride in his amazing supercharged car a ride, me and my friend were on out back back to rowland heights....

well about 10-15 minutes onto the 15S, there is a dark red, im assuming stock color, older model Mustang GT on my left, ..the GT badge is huge, on the fender...and my friend said the passenger stuck his hand out waving me up...(we were at like 70mph, i was maybe a car behind)...well i hesitated telling my friend that it was pointless cuz he's GT..but my friend said give it a try, both of the cars had 2 passengers so maybe we had a chance...so ok..theres 2 white guys...i tried honking to see if they could hear it, but it was too loud...i rolled my window a bit down and stuck my hand out to tell them on "3"..so my hand is out, and we slow down to 60..im on 4th on Eshift...with my fingers, i go 3..2.1...then i floor it...i was driving with one hand, so by the time i shift back to 4th, from 3rd, i had alrady revved up to about 6600 RPMs...still pretty even...then when i shifted i jsut took off...he just...slowly....like.dissapeared..i didnt look back to see cuz we were going pretty fast and i just kept looking straight to keep on the road..byt the time i hit 110 i stopped cuz there was no point..io was nearly 2 cars in front, and as i was slowin down, the passnger rolled his window down, and surprisingly, thumbs uP! so..i dunno....my friend said he was actually trying cuz by the time we were at 100 he was still flooring it...cuz i asked him "dude did he even try to race me" and my friend said he definitely did cuz they were moving quick too...so i dunno..

i found it hard to believe..but i did get the thumbs up so im cool wit that...have any of u guys raced one of these? btw..i jsut ahve the basic boltons...

-Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe jason we'll have fun when u come down...lots of "ricers" thatd ud like to take care of..lol =D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
I am going to Seattle not Socal :lol:

And yeah, as far as car plans who knows ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
delete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k guess not lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Nice run. I didn't think an IS could walk away from a GT the way you did up top. I've never ran one either. I'd be VERY pleased w/ those results if I get a chance some day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeha i was very please..thats why im freakn surprised too..just never heard much about those cars up top...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
or was it even older? was it a foxbody? late 80s-early 90s
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,701 Posts
Try one from 80 and up, and you'll be surprised.

From 60, it's hard for the IS to make up lost ground, but it is possible, by 110, where you let off, you'll start reeling him in sooooo bad, it looks like they let off. I raced my sisters 2001 GT 4 times, and from 90 up, they can't do anything on the IS.

I'm going to try and get video this weekend coming up, but it (the stang GT) is in storage right now b/c she got a G6 GTP for her bday. I'm going to ask my stepdad if we can pull it out for some video.

COnsequently, i'll be getting video og the IS against the G6 GTP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Blainestang said:
What year was this Mustang?

94-98
or
99-04
This is the crucial question that needs to be answered...those 94-98's are slow as ASSSSS 99-04 however hold 260+ HP.. soo i dunno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
naphibuzz said:
This is the crucial question that needs to be answered...those 94-98's are slow as ASSSSS 99-04 however hold 260+ HP.. soo i dunno
i mentioned, its the older style, and by results i got from google. its the body style that are 94-99s. they arent as bulky, more slender. but the GT badge was pretty big, and was on the fender..i dont think the new GT's have badges on the fenders do they? well im not sure, dont know anything bout stangs..but was that a V8? b/c if it is, im still pretty satisified...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Inspar8r said:
Try one from 80 and up, and you'll be surprised.

From 60, it's hard for the IS to make up lost ground, but it is possible, by 110, where you let off, you'll start reeling him in sooooo bad, it looks like they let off. I raced my sisters 2001 GT 4 times, and from 90 up, they can't do anything on the IS.

I'm going to try and get video this weekend coming up, but it (the stang GT) is in storage right now b/c she got a G6 GTP for her bday. I'm going to ask my stepdad if we can pull it out for some video.

COnsequently, i'll be getting video og the IS against the G6 GTP.
Well, make sure you get the Vid of the GT since all the tangible info says the GT should win even from a roll. BTW, is this GT an auto or manual, as that could make a significant difference.


onyxaltezza said:
i mentioned, its the older style, and by results i got from google. its the body style that are 94-99s. they arent as bulky, more slender. but the GT badge was pretty big, and was on the fender..i dont think the new GT's have badges on the fenders do they? well im not sure, dont know anything bout stangs..but was that a V8? b/c if it is, im still pretty satisified...
That makes sense... the 94-98, especially auto vs. auto could easily lose to an IS from a roll... so it almost definately WAS a GT, because the V6's of those years only had ~150hp.

BTW, the new GT's have "GT" emblems on the fenders, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
Not surprising at all. I've raced 3 Mustang GTs from a 70mph and up roll on and have won by at least 1-2 car lengths on all of them. I used to own a Mustang GT so I pretty much know everything about them and what they're capable of. One was a 1990 Fox Body GT, other was a 1992 LX Coupe, Last one was the 99' and up body style GT. Anyways Mustangs are lacking in the top end which is exactly when the Inline 6 shines. I wouldn't even attempt to race one from a stop or anything less than like a 50 mph roll cause the Mustang will win pretty much every time.



-Yamaha Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,701 Posts
It's an auto... we didn't clarify it HAD to be a specific tranny, but all i have access to is an auto anyway... I always gave her the jump, otherwise, it would be MUCH more of an advantage to me..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im thinking it was an auto cuz i didnt notice any dowshifting, or anything..and when i popped up to 4th i took off...soo i dunno..

but liek i said, beating a V8 is pretty cool wit a NA inline6 =D
-Aaron
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top