Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming back from Fallbrook, after dropping off OnxyAltezza''s rims I come across a slightly fixed up G35 coupe. Silver like my MSM. I pull up next to him, pull up a little and let off. He guns it, we're doing 65-70 mph. He jumps maybe 1/4 car, but it disappears and when we hit 85 I'm ahead, I'm a good 1/2 car pulling away when a car pulls into my lane, I let off and change lanes, the G35 gains the lost ground and is taking off, and gets a good 2/3 cars ahead of me. I'm gaining on him and where there was only 1 car on the road just a few minutes ago, there were now 3 - 4, sporatically across all the lanes. I see him zigging and zagging in between the cars and I give chase. I'm gaining on him, not much but I'm catching up, that is until I notice the cars are beginning to blur, I look down and I'm at 140 mph. I thought we had a speed limiter, but I didn't feel it kick in. He slowed down as I did as well, I caught up and he rolled down his window and I rolled mine. He said something like, 'geezus what the hell do I have'.. I yell out boost and revved to let the BLow off go. He smiled and gave me the thumbs up. I then held up 3 fingers, counted down and let him gun it. This time I pulled and didn't let him catch up. I shut down at 90 mph and he stopped trying as I noticed my pull increased quite a bit.
As I was trying to catch up, I was at WOT and my Zeitronix read a steady 12.1..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
That's awesome man, some of those G35 guys are really cocky.

Glad you put him in his place. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
nice....I saw one zig zagging through traffic tonight on my way to work and I thought about playn around abit, but I'm stock right now, so no use............yet ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Aaahhhhhhh...moments like that are what I day dream about over and over again. Some day...I shall see...I shall receive...I shall feel - BOOST

Nice kill!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
Surprisingly, from your story, your SC setup seems to be a bit weaker than my previous stage 1 turbo I think you need to tune that beast a little bit more to squeeze its potentials.

Also, 12.1 sounds a bit too rich, watch out for any sign of knocking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
Benign said:
Surprisingly, from your story, your SC setup seems to be a bit weaker than my previous stage 1 turbo I think you need to tune that beast a little bit more to squeeze its potentials.

Also, 12.1 sounds a bit too rich, watch out for any sign of knocking.
do you mean lean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Benign said:
Surprisingly, from your story, your SC setup seems to be a bit weaker than my previous stage 1 turbo I think you need to tune that beast a little bit more to squeeze its potentials.

Also, 12.1 sounds a bit too rich, watch out for any sign of knocking.
Mo said thats good for turbos, so I tuned it for that. Now I am running an SC but that shouldn't matter at WOT. Here's the thread, post #5:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=177603&highlight=air+fuel+ratio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Mo said thats good for turbos, so I tuned it for that. Now I am running an SC but that shouldn't matter at WOT. Here's the thread, post #5:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=177603&highlight=air+fuel+ratio
My car knocks slightly at at 12.00, and run much better at 10.9 - 11.4. But if your tuner says so thats fine, but just be careful for any sign of knocking (very hard to listen as it usually appears at wot)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,742 Posts
Benign said:
My car knocks slightly at at 12.00, and run much better at 10.9 - 11.4. But if your tuner says so thats fine, but just be careful for any sign of knocking (very hard to listen as it usually appears at wot)

then you're running too much timing. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
they are such cocky people, im personally upgrading my car so i can take on g35s and my goal is to eat up a 6-series even though that might be a challenge. :\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Sad that our cars are condidered same class as those things yet we are 65hp shy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Altezza101 said:
they are such cocky people, im personally upgrading my car so i can take on g35s and my goal is to eat up a 6-series even though that might be a challenge. :\
whos cocky people? g35 owners? from being on this board and posting very few times one could say the same about you guys. but there is always some in a group like that, so dont generalize too much. im not cocky. (i drive a z...close enough) and i got my ass kicked last night by a gti 1.8t. not ashamed...it was a fun race. ran a turbo IS...lol....not gonna give you guys the pleasure of the outcome! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Altezza101 said:
they are such cocky people, im personally upgrading my car so i can take on g35s and my goal is to eat up a 6-series even though that might be a challenge. :\
Well speak for yourself dude, not all of them are as cocky as you think. You are upgrading your car, good. I'm planning to get a TT from Greddy for my G, so i'll be on the lookout ;)
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,742 Posts
Gucci said:
Well speak for yourself dude, not all of them are as cocky as you think. You are upgrading your car, good. I'm planning to get a TT from Greddy for my G, so i'll be on the lookout ;)
So is every other G35c owner whose ass I kick. :p

As it turns out... just about anyone who loses to a 4 door sedan is getting a TT, or a 302, or NoS, or new gears or whatever.

It's also funny that they're always going to run just a bit more power than me:

me: Yah I do about 400 to the wheels
them: Nice. Next week my cousin and I are going to install my TT/302/Nos and I'll be running about 450 to the wheels.
me: Oh thats cool... I do about 18 psi
them: yah, with my TT/302/Nos I'm gonna do about 22psi

WTF? lol The equation for people who talk to me is "What you're running, +10%, not yet, but soon!"
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top