Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

This question goes out to everyone who has a box with subs in the trunk of their IS .... a simple MDF box, no custom fibreglass ...

Youve all noticed that we have that 'bump' on the floor of our trunks at the very back, by the back of the seat .... and the ski pass entrance sticks out a bit as well , from the back of the back seat ...

i want to put my box in , however, i wanted it to be as far back as possible so taht i could salvage some space .... that bump is causing my some grief.

How did you guys get around the bump and the ski pass sticking out (that may not be as big a problem as the bump).

Ideally, Id like the back of my box to sit flush against the back of the trunk, against the back of the back seat....

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I took the ski pass out, you will get more of a thump feeling inside the car with the door open and the pass removed. I have a box with 2 Kicker 12" L7's and it sits on the hump, with a foot on each corner to level the box out and stable it. I push it all the way back against the wall and I have plenty of room for junk in my trunk. I am planning on takeing pics of my entire car soon so I will post them.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I did the same...took out the ski pass and actually made the bottom of the box mount ~1" from the edge of the sides of the box so it fits over the hump...looking at the enclosure, it touches the trunk floor...i can even get to my spare tire if needed :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ltunedgirl said:
I did the same...took out the ski pass and actually made the bottom of the box mount ~1" from the edge of the sides of the box so it fits over the hump...looking at the enclosure, it touches the trunk floor...i can even get to my spare tire if needed :D
I dont understand .... i cant visualize it :S

Do you have pics ? Or maybe a drawing ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe something like this???

I designed my box to get the most space out of my trunk as well, and the hump in the middle, isn't an issue.

Need more info, PM me.
L8r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts