Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I took my car in for service. I was amazed at how busy they really were. I walk into the service manager's office (Domingo Garcia) and he was cool as a fan! Soon as I walked in they knew exactly who I was and since I called ahead they were expecting me. I tried to explain the "clunking" transmission deal to them and he asked a technician to take a ride with me. So I leave with the tech and they really couldn't find anything wrong with it. They put my car up on the lift and showed me everything under the car. So then I was getting ready to leave and the guy asked me what kind of loaner I wanted. I first told him the SC430 but he was like we don't loan $60k cars out. I said well, I will settle for a RX330 and he quickly got the keys. Anyways, he told me they would go through the whole car and fix anything they can under warranty. I was happy with that. They were so cool about my SRT Intake and HKS Dragger II exhaust but they kept telling me about this guy who had a Stage III PFS Turbo. The guy told me that they really don't care about the mod thing but if you break something related to that they have to send it to the Corporate Lexus shop. They inspect it there but if they can't prove that you had a mod then noone cares. I called over the guy who sold me the car and he gave me a free Lexus Polo Shirt as a Christmas Present (it matchs the color of my car). Anyways, just a little info about Lexus of Silver Spring. Sorry it's so long.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
I hear nothing but good things about Silver Spring Lexus... I may start taking my car there even though it's quite a bit aways from Fairfax. :(

I haven't had any issues w/Lindsay or Pohanka service but I do prefer to dealing w/more car enthusiasts (especially modded cars).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i got my parts from silver springs....ALOT cheaper than pohonka...around half price
pohonka is a great dealership up until you buy the car...after that then your screwed

i think silver springs is worth the drive....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well Domingo and Byron are the guys who i talk to. Peter runs that dept and he cool too. I am not a fan of their work. They lowered a car on the front of mine and f'd it up pretty good. Then it took 3 paint jobs to get it painted correctly. Plus they always manage to scratch or ding my car up when its there.

So I am kind of glad i got FI and dont have to deal with these folks anymore.

·
Registered
234 Posts
///

They are ok but they ding my car once when I was coming in for a replacement tire. but I am not going to make them pay just for a little scratch. Plus the free car was not that great either. They do a bad job of clean.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a good experience with them too. The bottom of my car was hitting the road at hi speeds (some factory 2001 problem) and they made room for me to fix it on a busy friday. That made my day.

Shahryar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.