Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to be a nice guy and dropped my friend of at home in DE. Tried to be a cool guy and sped off in a residential area. God punished me by placing a dip in my path, and covering the sign.

And this was no ordinary dip my friend - this was The Dip. A Dip of legends. The Big Dipper. Dip Tracy.

So, this happened back in September and I've been driving around here and there trying to get it looked at. But everybody's saying random things are wrong (Owings Mills Lexus said my Driver's seat was screwed up and fixed my seat - wtf?) - or, they don't feel anything.

It still drives good, but not as good as it should. And after a while, my leg just starts hurting (reminds me of the pain from when I had a bent rim earlier). I can like... feel the road if that makes any sense. It's not smooth like it was before.

Anyways, I wanted to get it checked out at a non-dealer Performance Shop. Figured they could feel the difference the best. Since I work in Owings Mills, there's nothing nearby so I was hoping to use my day off on December 26th and go somewhere a little further away.

I did my homework and looked around the mid-atlantic area section. Autothority seems like the place I like. Under the assumption that they're open on the 26th and have room for me, I think I want to go here. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions or comments on what to do, or where to go with the type of problem I'm describing.

Thanks in advance,
Shahryar

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
have any shop put it on a lift and look under the body for damage.....any shop that's done similar work would know what to do...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Re: MD: Hit a Dip Really Hard - Performance Shop to diagnose

srizvi1 said:
And this was no ordinary dip my friend - this was The Dip. A Dip of legends. The Big Dipper. Dip Tracy.
Your humor made my morning. Too funny... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: MD: Hit a Dip Really Hard - Performance Shop to diagnose

srizvi1 said:
Tried to be a nice guy and dropped my friend of at home in DE. Tried to be a cool guy and sped off in a residential area. God punished me by placing a dip in my path, and covering the sign.

So, this happened back in September and I've been driving around here and there trying to get it looked at. But everybody's saying random things are wrong (Owings Mills Lexus said my Driver's seat was screwed up and fixed my seat - wtf?) - or, they don't feel anything.

It still drives good, but not as good as it should. And after a while, my leg just starts hurting (reminds me of the pain from when I had a bent rim earlier). I can like... feel the road if that makes any sense. It's not smooth like it was before.

Anyways, I wanted to get it checked out at a non-dealer Performance Shop. Figured they could feel the difference the best. Since I work in Owings Mills, there's nothing nearby so I was hoping to use my day off on December 26th and go somewhere a little further away.

I did my homework and looked around the mid-atlantic area section. Autothority seems like the place I like. Under the assumption that they're open on the 26th and have room for me, I think I want to go here. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions or comments on what to do, or where to go with the type of problem I'm describing.

Thanks in advance,
Shahryar
I dunno man Autothority they do some good quality work but they were gonna charge me 600 bucks to get some shocks installed and another 400 for an alignment. Be careful just because you drive a Lexus they think you are a dumbass and will try to take money from ya. I'd rather go to Vertex they were gonna charge me like 160 for getting the shocks in. Although.. i do hear some shady things about Vertex too!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i think any performance-based shop will charge high for any labor

since they specialize in the field and know not all shops could do that work.....they will charge more and the average person would pay more.....

i would recommend calling around bodyshops asking them what could be the problem

or if your desperate....get it looked at by lexus and you might have to pay 100 for that...and then get another mechanic to do the repair(s) cheaper...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys,

I'm sorry I never replied back to your help. I just kept delaying getting it fixed, and as a result, kept delaying coming back to the site to get your advice. But thanks for it.

Unfortunately, My IS Exists no more. It was rear-ended to death last Saturday. I posted the whole story w/ pictures at:

http://is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13355992&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

But the insurance company of the girl who hit me called and told me it's a loss and they'll accept the responsibility. So, there's silver lining at... the end of the tunnel? I forget how it goes.

Anywho, I'm looking for a new IS now so... wish me luck, and please offer any advice if you have any.

Thanks again,

Shahryar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts