Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The Ferrari F50 and Buggati EB110 mated and had ugly children... The McLaren F1 is not as fast as that thing but at least twice as pretty...
Eric...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
switch out the headlights for the IS300 headlights or the mcclaren headlights and it looks sweet...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Well it most probably won't go max speed with the top down because of drag limitation, but can you guys imagine doing in excess of 200mph with the top down????? One time my friend drove at 110mph and I put my hand out the sunroof and I felt like it was going to blow off...
Eric...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm with Erick. At least the Mclaren F1 looks great while reaching that number.
I'm not doubting your post, but if only they could do a better job at styling this car...

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Kota,
I would care how it looks considering it costs 225,000 pounds which translates to $327,700. If I had that kind of money to spend I would rather have something fast that at least looked very appealing. I'd take a Ferrari F360 Modena with plenty of money left for modifications. We all worship the McLaren F1 because it's the fastest production car that's also one of the most beautiful.... There's more to a great supercar than simply SPEED. Also, the fact that it's Swedish is another turn off.
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by kota:
I guess you and I have different criterias for Supercars. Things like drivability are higher on my priority list than how it looks.

[This message has been edited by kota (edited October 04, 2000).]
KOTA,
You never mentioned "drivability" before. You were simply talking about speed, and ofcourse the drivability is the most meaningful and more meaningful than just how fast it goes.. . How do you know that Swedish supercar above drives like a McLaren F1?? Sure a Ford Mustang is as quick/fast as an Audi S4 but their drivability is totally different...
Eric....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's a Nissan Skyline site that has a video of the McLaren F1 going 244 mph. The site is a little tempermental, so you might have to reload it a couple of times, but go to videos, and the McLaren is at the bottom of the page.

If there's one thing that IS owner's know is that numbers from manufacturers can be deceiving. http://www.geocities.com/skyliner_34/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts