Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into it a lot and have seen a few things about it but nothing certain.

I've decided to go with Mazzuri and was pretty set on the newer 2.5" system but now I'm starting to wonder...

One thing I saw was that the older 3" system wasn't really needed unless you go turbo otherwise you wouldn't utalize the extra space in the pipes.. I have also seen that the 3" full lost gains because of the cat or muffler or whatever it was on it.

The 2.5" system that is just the Header and Y-Pipe is what I have really been looking at now and my plan was just to maybe add a nice muffler to the stock B-Pipe and throw on an after market Exhaust.

What would end up getting the best gains for a simple N/A system?

The full 3" system or the 2.5" Header, Y system with an after market Exhaust?

·
Registered
569 Posts
The newer 2.5" is enough flow for our NA engine. You may gain a few horsepower with the 3" system but I doubt it is very noticeable, plus every comment about the 3" system is that is LOUD. hah, yes most users put the loud in caps when they posted about it.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
One thing I saw was that the older 3" system wasn't really needed unless you go turbo otherwise you wouldn't utalize the extra space in the pipes.. I have also seen that the 3" full lost gains because of the cat or muffler or whatever it was on it.
This forum never stops amazing me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
This forum never stops amazing me.
Yes, simple logic/doing your homework seems to evade alot of people on this site.

The mazzuri SRS or newer header/y combo will not work with a turbo... as it is not a turbo manifold.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm selling my SRS system. :O)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was simply saying that I heard you wouldn't need the 3" with simple n/a. I realize its not a turbo system.

My question, which I could have worded better, is do you need the 3" or is the 2.5" more than enough flow.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was simply saying that I heard you wouldn't need the 3" with simple n/a. I realize its not a turbo system.

My question, which I could have worded better, is do you need the 3" or is the 2.5" more than enough flow.
Read my first post, 2.5" is enough for our little 3.0L engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts