Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys does anyone have this set up on their IS? Or even know if this set up will fit without any mods done to the fender or wheel well? thanks n adavance. peace!!! I plan on gettin this set up :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
i have a 19x8.5 wheel up front and you will rub. depending on your offset and tire width if might rub slighty. my offset is +46 with a 225/35/19 tire and it rubs. you will probably also rub with a 19x10 in the back. def need to do some fender mod.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah, if you go 8.5's in the front you better have coilovers to tweak you ride height. I'd be so screwed without mine, I'm running 8.5 all around and it rubs lije a mother if you go too low. Don't even think about going as low as the pics in my sig (www button), you can't even u-turn.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think that the biggest that you can put on the back is 9.5
and in the front 8....

You shouldn't have any problems as far as shaking! :wink:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i have 19x8.5 +45 and 19x9.5+45

It would be hard to get 10's in the rear unless you get a 55 offset or something. then you have to worry about rear spacing.

since the photo. my car is lower a bit in the rear and the front wheel push in 3mm by eliminating the 3mm spacer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input! So to be on the safe side without any mods 19x9.5 (R) & 19x8.5 (F) is a good setup? ANYONE here with MAYA DTS? nice set up YELLOWIS.. ...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
Thanks for all the input! So to be on the safe side without any mods 19x9.5 (R) & 19x8.5 (F) is a good setup? ANYONE here with MAYA DTS? nice set up YELLOWIS.. ...
I have a 02' Yellow IS w/ the DTS rims but mine are only 18" rims. I had 19" but the ride was way too rough for me...especially near my office where they seem to always be working on the roads. :( I also have the Tein Flex coilovers but the ride is still a bit harsh. I think it might have something to do w/ the type of tires I bought, though. Still wish I had 17" every now and then......mainly for the nice ride.

I don't know how Lexpression is using 225 tires, though, for a width of 8.5". Hey Lex.....doesn't the side of your tire angled inwards with that set-up? I have 18x7.5 w/ 225 all around and it's very flush with the wheels? A friend of mine used 225 w/ an 8" width wheel and that already looked a bit weird?

Well, if you need some pics, just email me and I'll send them over to you.

Ck

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
no, there is fender rolling in both front and rear..and i forget but there might be some brake caliper shaving in the front.

·
Registered
172 Posts
irv_usc said:
Is3doublE0 said:
no, there is fender rolling in both front and rear..and i forget but there might be some brake caliper shaving in the front.
Umm, what are you talking about??? Yeah, they will rub unless maybe you have a stock set-up with the car riding like a boat. If you've lowered your car to a noticeable appearance, it almost definitely will rub. I had my fenders shaved and sealed when I originally bought the 19" wheels w/ a +45 offset and that's with coilovers too.

Ck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts