Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
quite frankly because your driving a low budget BWM doesn't make you elite.. your like a guy who drives a C class MB talking stink ... or some guy in a BMW 323 CI talking junk about prestigeous ness and price.. the maxima cost same as your IS.. and quite frankly if a Maxima owner wanted to be a bit slower, yet more ricey he would have bought the IS instead.. who do you think you are? like you paid top dollar for that car.. my cousin owns a GS400 and he doesn't act like his head is up his ass.. its just a shame that you give Lexus owners a bad name.. I have seen the way most of the people here act.. and they are cool calm and they know what they are talking about... you on the other hand is a little cummm see cum saaah... don't get me started low budget man..

Originally posted by 4yoazz:
Now this has to be the most ridiculous forum ever thought of. Next it will be the Saturn owners coming on here talking crazy. By name alone the Maxima is inferior. Nissan vs Lexus, what a joke. That's the reason BMW and MB can require more money because of the status and prestige that go along with their cars. Not just the performance. Hell, you can get almost any car for cheap then pump it up to make it fast if that's what you want. But Nissan nor Acura will ever be able to get around that bargain name tag. Their out of their league. It's like the Nissan is Target where the Lexus is Saks 5th. No comparison! Next topic gentlemen.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by 4yoazz:
Now this has to be the most ridiculous forum ever thought of. Next it will be the Saturn owners coming on here talking crazy. By name alone the Maxima is inferior. Nissan vs Lexus, what a joke. That's the reason BMW and MB can require more money because of the status and prestige that go along with their cars. Not just the performance. Hell, you can get almost any car for cheap then pump it up to make it fast if that's what you want. But Nissan nor Acura will ever be able to get around that bargain name tag. Their out of their league. It's like the Nissan is Target where the Lexus is Saks 5th. No comparison! Next topic gentlemen.
You are right to a certain degree, but your head must be so far up your ass right about now. I don't like the Maxima myself, but I know well enough not to call it a "Targets" car...

------------------

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey Geoff, guess that was below the belt. Don't feel bad cuz you got the ugly car.
I disagree with you on all three counts
Overpriced? I don't think so. Compare it to a 330i, A4, or a C320 (it's direct competition), you'll see where the value is. The only reason your Accord, no wait Acura CL-S (same car, really) is cheaper is because it's simply a modified/rebadged Honda Accord.
Riced up? I resent that. Youthful and different is more like it.
Slow? That, not only is a relative term, but it's bull****. Just cuz your car goes a little faster to 60, thanks to it's 45 hp advantage, doesn't mean it's a better car overall.
My IS gets to 60 in 7.1 s, and that's fast enough for me. I don't wanna get into another argument about agility. Spare me the comeback.

As for Maximus, I guess the TL would better compare to the Maxima (4 dr, ugly...).
The M5 is another story. It might be a slightly big car, but it also has 400 hp, a sport tuned 4 wheel independent suspension, and so much more. It's in a class of its own.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
187 Posts
is that your only base of reason? its ugly? please.. how much longer can you use that?

and don't tell him about HP, because my car has the same HP as yours and I am still running mid 6's 0 - 60

Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Hey Geoff, guess that was below the belt. Don't feel bad cuz you got the ugly car.
I disagree with you on all three counts
Overpriced? I don't think so. Compare it to a 330i, A4, or a C320 (it's direct competition), you'll see where the value is. The only reason your Accord, no wait Acura CL-S (same car, really) is cheaper is because it's simply a modified/rebadged Honda Accord.
Riced up? I resent that. Youthful and different is more like it.
Slow? That, not only is a relative term, but it's bull****. Just cuz your car goes a little faster to 60, thanks to it's 45 hp advantage, doesn't mean it's a better car overall.
My IS gets to 60 in 7.1 s, and that's fast enough for me. I don't wanna get into another argument about agility. Spare me the comeback.

As for Maximus, I guess the TL would better compare to the Maxima (4 dr, ugly...).
The M5 is another story. It might be a slightly big car, but it also has 400 hp, a sport tuned 4 wheel independent suspension, and so much more. It's in a class of its own.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am sorry you have 25 more hp than i do..

hahahaha..

Originally posted by MaxOwner:
is that your only base of reason? its ugly? please.. how much longer can you use that?

and don't tell him about HP, because my car has the same HP as yours and I am still running mid 6's 0 - 60

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hey Max, shut your piehole you whining sillyass little baby. Geeez. Do you ever STFU? Maxima is nice but it ain't nearly up to the quality of a Lexus, BMW, or even Acura. Loser.

·
Registered
187 Posts
take your head out your ass... you might be able to see the thread a little better..

call me when you actually pay more than 50k for a car.. then I will consider you elite..

but the fact that you can lease that corrolla for 300+ a month .. doesn't really impress me ...

Originally posted by brad:
Hey Max, shut your piehole you whining sillyass little baby. Geeez. Do you ever STFU? Maxima is nice but it ain't nearly up to the quality of a Lexus, BMW, or even Acura. Loser.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Maxima guy, at first I thought you had some good points but now I see your just a prick with a chip on your shoulder because you drive a Maxima. Lemme let you in on a secret here:

When I hear someone say that I drive an Acura, BMW, Lexus, MB I think quality, class, refinement, the next level in the food chain.

The BMW's, Lexus, MB, and Acuras are the predators on the killing fields. The Maximas are the high end of the low end market, the hyena's of the automobile industry.

When I think Maxima I think of three things:

A car that feels like even more of a boat than mine.
A car I can actually beat in the curvies (and have).
A car that I can whip off the line, in the mid range and in the top end.
A wanna be luxury car that falls well under the bar of prestige.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, spare the reply you're going down in flames brutha.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No question your car is an upper level car.. as the I30 is for the Maxima... my point wasn't to down High End Cars, but meerly to show.. that because he is driving a Lexus doesn't mean anything.. we all bought our cars for specific reason.. you .. you like power, you like two doors, you like the honda quality.. me I bought the Maxima, for power, 4 doors, and I like the nissan build.. is it to say that any of you are better than me because I decided to go out and buy a maxima? no.. because.. I probably make more money than 1/2 of the guys here.. you know what.. does that make me any less of a person? no.. I bought the car for my needs.. for my practicalities.. hey.. I am making xk this year.. so what? does this mean I could have bought a CL-S or a IS.. yes..

hell if I wanted I could have bought an M3 or an S4 and then come here and say.. hey.. Lexus boys.. STFU.. your not ****.. but thats not the point now is it.. 1st of all lets get this straight.. I don't own a 5th Gen maxima I own a 4th Gen.. so everyone says ok its ugly its ugly.. but different strokes for different folks.. what works for me works for me and what works for you works for you..

Now this chain chain argument.. please.. if the cars cost the same.. who cares about chains.. it just means that that person bought that car for that.. and this person bought this car for this... Most people are leasing their cars anyway... so how can they sit there and tell me that they are more prestigious and better than me when the BANK owns their cars?

Originally posted by comptechcls:
Hey Maxima guy, at first I thought you had some good points but now I see your just a prick with a chip on your shoulder because you drive a Maxima. Lemme let you in on a secret here:

When I hear someone say that I drive an Acura, BMW, Lexus, MB I think quality, class, refinement, the next level in the food chain.

The BMW's, Lexus, MB, and Acuras are the predators on the killing fields. The Maximas are the high end of the low end market, the hyena's of the automobile industry.

When I think Maxima I think of three things:

A car that feels like even more of a boat than mine.
A car I can actually beat in the curvies (and have).
A car that I can whip off the line, in the mid range and in the top end.
A wanna be luxury car that falls well under the bar of prestige.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, spare the reply you're going down in flames brutha.

[This message has been edited by MaxOwner (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Piss off. I drive a GS 400 and 53 Packard. And that means nothing considering what we're discussing but since you asked, bitch.

Originally posted by MaxOwner:
take your head out your ass... you might be able to see the thread a little better..

call me when you actually pay more than 50k for a car.. then I will consider you elite..

but the fact that you can lease that corrolla for 300+ a month .. doesn't really impress me ...

·
Registered
187 Posts
tell you what.. what makes the Lexus better than any other car on the road.. in my previous post I mentioned that my cousin has a GS 400 Plat Ed.

well he use to own a GS 300 and that thing was messed up from the word go.. the car steering wheel was always vibrating at 60 - 80 mph yes its in the GS Technical Service Bulletin.. the Sunroof had a lot of noise ..yes its in the GS Technical Service Bulletin.. and the check engine light kept coming on.. you know what Lexus of Greenwich told him? "maybe your not tightening your gas cap" please 5 different times?

he brought that car down there over 20 times in the 4 months he owned it.. and yes lexus service is sweet because they gave him an ES 300 to drive home.. but it was head ace's after head aces... driving down there every damn time..

so dont' give me this lexus quality thing.. because every car maker has issues..
Piss off. I drive a GS 400 and 53 Packard. And that means nothing considering what we're discussing but since you asked, bitch.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I own a white 99 5spd Maxima SE.
I Love the Car.....and yes Its quicker than the IS300. Has a little more room.....
The car handles Okay to me...Very Little torque steer......
But I Love the IS300 MORE!!

The Lexus Definitly handles better than the maxima.
Like I said above the manual Maxima is quicker than the Auto IS300...don't know about the Auto Maxima......

Smra.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You only make 75K a year

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

You must work for someone, and NO your paycheck is WEAK I would not make that public knowledge again. Us SQL Developers run our own show MAKE at ton more than that and don't need to feel that we have to justify our salary. Now, why am I driving a CLS? I'm a cheap bastard LOL.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
First of all I never said Lexus was the end all of all cars. It is your contention that the Maxima is damn near even in quality to a Lexus, and that is an absurd claim.
Second, check Consumer Guides, JD Power, and resale % value as well as customer retention and you tell me again Lexus isn't at the top year after year. Where's your Maxima and Nissan?
I'm not a snob and don't jerk myself off b/c of what I drive but it sure seems that you have serious jealousy issues and you know what, here's a newsflash, I'm betting you don't make 75K b/c judging by the enormous chip on your shoulder and your keen interest in cars you would be driving something else. No way to go through life being a loser, liar, misinformed and brash.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just let me go Brad, just realized I'm wasting my time here, he owns a maxima

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Later on I'll go whip one for fun!! I'll think of him LOL You do the same!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
dude I am 22... xk a year is no big deal but its pretty damn good for a 22 year old.. sorry..

[This message has been edited by MaxOwner (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
187 Posts
brother man .. calm yourself.. I don't have any envy at all, in my quest for a car, I considered two cars and still considering IS 300 and BMW 330 CI, now i decided that it wasn't time for me to make such a big investment and that the investment of a house and saving some of that money would be a better choice in the long run.. My maxima is cheap.. yes.. and so what.. it doesn't turn as many heads as your GS, I know this because my cousin and I go lots of places together and he gets all the compliments.. but regardless of the point.. if I wanted to live watching my bank account and worry where I was going to be renting in a year or so.. I would buy a GS 400 and be happy joy joy with you..
First of all I never said Lexus was the end all of all cars. It is your contention that the Maxima is damn near even in quality to a Lexus, and that is an absurd claim.
Second, check Consumer Guides, JD Power, and resale % value as well as customer retention and you tell me again Lexus isn't at the top year after year. Where's your Maxima and Nissan?
I'm not a snob and don't jerk myself off b/c of what I drive but it sure seems that you have serious jealousy issues and you know what, here's a newsflash, I'm betting you don't make 75K b/c judging by the enormous chip on your shoulder and your keen interest in cars you would be driving something else. No way to go through life being a loser, liar, misinformed and brash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, this topic was going soooo nice until 4yoazz put in his ignorant post. My thoughts on the two cars... The IS is nicer. Case closed. If I could get either of the two right now, I'd wait a year and get the stick is. However, if I HAD to go buy one right now, today, it would be the max simply because of the stick but let's be real, how many people are like that?

The IS is a beautiful, refined car. But you know what 4yoazz... you probably don't know but the IS is a beautiful, refined TOYOTA! The car is a toyota altezza with a crooked L on the hood. Now tell me about what kinda kmart car company toyota is. stupid.

Both cars have outstanding qualities and I think they are defiantely comparable. If you're about speed and the 1/4 mile and still having a beautiful car (a lowered 2k max with the 17's and maybe even a stillen body kit is gorgeous... don't try and say otherwise.)

So what's the bottom line? Both cars are great and have great qualities. The lexus is nicer, it should be, it's carrying the lexus name tag! I'm 19 right now and have time to drive nice cars, nicer than the is actually, so I couldn't be happier with my max right now. Everyone on this board was really cool and objective about everything but anyone who takes their arrogant lexus-owner attitude to the street is gonna see the "ugly" tail lights a whole lot. =)

Chris

41 - 60 of 136 Posts