Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found another article in the July issue of MAX POWER. Pages 48,50,and 52. They give a Verdict on the IS300. "The car is a pleasure to deive." They give some back ground on the development of the IS and what the future may hold. I got my mag at Tower Records in Tysons Corner Va. Check it out. IS300 Blue out/Black in :d

·
Registered
220 Posts
Excerpts from the July 2000 issue of MAX POWER:

"Taking off from Santa Barbara early in the morning, we were given a fully loaded white IS. This car had nice leather seats, a moonroof, Lexus' Limited Slip Differential, the stock 17-inch wheels, and Tori Amos loaded in the standard six-disc in-dash CD changer. Acquainting ourselves with the car, we rolled down all four windows, retracted the moonroof, turned up the stereo, and rolled out of valet parking and down the coast. Around the first few bends everything was simple and easy. The car handled like a dream - or rather, how a $30,000-plus car should handle. The car was predictable in the turns with the tires grabbing every inch and keeping the car pointing in the correct direction. The tires held firmly to the pavement and let the driver receive feedback as to the texture of the road while not shimmying the steering wheel from the driver's hands. Whether this was a problem or not is up for debate, but every turn - at every speed - was taken with ease and with little or no tire breakaway, despite the front weight bias. The largest complaint we could come up with in the turns was that Second gear was too short. The power supplied from the engine quickly ran the car through all of Second and - if in E-Shift mode - the car would bump fuel cut-off, thereby causing the driver to frantically search the turned steering wheel for the "up" button. The solution can be achieved easily by entering a turn in Third gear as opposed to Second..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Simple Lad
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing