Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well, the 200mm 3.55 or whatever it is, is the tallest that will fit in the stock pumpkin. It’s what I have, but I have an AR5. It makes for pretty good cruising rpms. Any taller gearing and you have to go to a GS300/SC430/etc 220mm diff, offset axles, and custom mounting. M85 is 3.73, so going down to the 3.55 isn’t a huge difference, but is noticeable.

You may have already seen this site but check out Is elite. There’s some good charts and data on the transmissions and diff ratios.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That radium stuff is top notch! I’ve got the fuel rail and the friction-fit to AN valve cover adapters. You will be using a real air filter and hooking the catch can up to the pre-turbo inlet, correct?
Yes , I'm getting a new turbo inlet fabbed up now. Just been on the back burner for some time now. Gotta bleed the clutch and brakes this weekend, then off to tune. Andrew tech, I'm Gaithersburg looks to be one.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
47 Posts
Yes , I'm getting a new turbo inlet fabbed up now. Just been on the back burner for some time now. Gotta bleed the clutch and brakes this weekend, then off to tune. Andrew tech, I'm Gaithersburg looks to be one.
LMK when you're in my hood, it's down the street from me in Airpark! I want to witness the dyno sesh and learn what all that goes into it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well major setback, t56 internal slave gave out and leaks in the bell housing. Went back and redid the whole Collins kit again.

Pulling the trans out round 2, this time got a new flywheel and clutch setup. I'm thinking the distance from the input shaft and flywheel were off pretty bad. Flywheel and clutch from a 300zx N/A (do not mix and match cd009 components) no matter how many times you measure. My distance was off by 2/3 of an inch. Was enough to squish my t56 slave.

Removed pivot bearing using bread trick

New act pressure plate, clutch and new version of Collins flywheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Pnut00 it seems to have a separate wear plate, with different materials. Overall the difference from my old kit and new kit is about 15mm difference and thickness, overall messing up the distance from the input shaft

·
Registered
636 Posts
Interesting design flywheel, is it 2 piece with separate wear plate?
Thats what it looks like to me, too.

I’d recommend doing the clutch cancel start mod with that HD PP. Supposed to keep your engine from crank walking due to low oil in the main bearings on startup. I have the ACT HD W58 version On my AR5, it’s a little heavy and you can’t slip it, but I didn’t want to spend for a twin disc.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Maybe aluminium flywheel with steel wear pad? Thats the only reason i have seen for having a wear plate for the clutch plate to mate to, aluminium is too soft usually. I wonder what weight it is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't weigh the Flywheel, I was borrowing a friend's lift for the Afternoon. So was on a time crunch, litterally had the trans out in 20mins. I did loop the clutch neutral switch when going auto to manual.

I just got the car back to my garage. Still doesnt start up. Motor is mechanically synced, the prob is the cam position sensor and crank sensor isn't syncing. Current CPS is a halleffect (digital) for a non vvti, going back to vvti prompted this non starting issue. From the haltech manager, I can see the cam (home) and crank (trigger) count increment when cranking motor over. It just doesn't start. I have another CPS I'll swap over to see if it matters. Just to recap my old non vvti cams had 1 trigger, new vvti cams have 3 triggers. I'm just unsure if the CPS even matters to sync or not. Any thoughts?

101 - 115 of 115 Posts