Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know there has been a recall of certain Lexus Vehicles. Lexus of Watertown is here to help answer any questions Lexus owners might have about the recent recalls affecting Lexus and Toyota, including what is being done to address the problems. There have been only two recalls which have affected Lexus, and the models are listed below. It is important to note that not all models listed below are affected by the recall. Contact Lexus of Watertown with your information and we will let you know if you are exempt from the appropriate recall.

Contact Lexus of Watertown using the link provided to schedule your recall service.

Recall #1: Accelerator Entrapment Due to Entangled Floor Mats
Affected Lexus Models:

2006-2010 Lexus ES 350 (some 2010 models not affected)
2007-2010 Lexus IS 350 (some 2010 models not affected)
2007-2010 Lexus IS 250 (some 2010 models not affected)

Recall #2: Update for Anti-Lock Braking System Software - Voluntary Safety Recall
Affected Lexus Models:
2010 Lexus HS 250h (some models not affected)

Why bring your vehicle to Lexus of Watertown?
We know you’re busy and we want to repair your vehicle as quickly and efficiently as possible with little or no interference with your daily life. We encourage Lexus owners in the Greater Boston area to bring their vehicles in for efficient repairs by our certified technicians at our expense. If you own a recalled Lexus model, Lexus of Watertown will strive to limit your inconvenience with the following complimentary services:

• Pick Up of Your Lexus from Your Home
  • Loaner Car if Your Repairs Run Long
  • Gas Fill Up
  • Car Wash and Vacuum
  • Shuttle Service to and from Lexus of Watertown
  • Coffee and Snack Bar

Lexus of Watertown is dedicated to addressing any and all safety issues affecting their models, no matter how small, and we invite you to browse our Lexus Recall Center website for information regarding this recall. Included here is what you should do if you have an “unintended acceleration” issue, what Lexus is doing to solve the problem, and why Lexus of Watertown is the ideal dealership to have this issue with your Lexus addressed.

The Lexus brand is synonymous with safety and quality, and we want to ensure it remains that way. As mentioned in the “Solutions” section, we advise that you visit Lexus of Watertown at your earliest convenience to have your accelerator pedal shaved down ¾ of an inch and to have your driver side floor mats replaced with redesigned versions. For ES 350 owners, we will also reshape the floor underneath the pedal to increase the amount of space between the accelerator and the floor. If you drive an HS 250h, we ask that you await word from Lexus later in February before scheduling an appointment with us to have the new braking software installed. All of these fixes will be implemented at our expense.

But we’re not stopping there. By 2011, all Lexus models will have a brake override system in place, ensuring that, no matter what the reason for unintended acceleration, the affected vehicle will not be a danger to its driver. Updated software, installed in the electronic control unit (ECU), will automatically idle the vehicle when the brake and throttle are simultaneously depressed. So, if the driver applies the brakes and the car doesn’t slow down, the ECU will take note of this and overrides the accelerator. This innovation will eliminate any hazards resulting from unintended acceleration, but in the interim we ask owners of the 2007-2010 ES 350 and 2006-2010 IS 250 and IS 350 to stop by Lexus of Watertown and experience our premier service.

Lexus of Watertown
330 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472-2721
Service: (888) 227-9719

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,601 Posts
I have a Lexus IS250 6 Speed 2008, I have the X-Package so I have the sport pedals. Also I have all season matts, I don't think it is even remotely possible for the throttle to stick under the pad since it is so high with sport pedals, so I do not need to participate in this recall right?

Also I do not want this no brake/gas at same time revision, it would screw me up at track :( Would the dealers be doing this to every car they touch, or is this something you request?

·
Premium Member
11,575 Posts
I have a Lexus IS250 6 Speed 2008, I have the X-Package so I have the sport pedals. Also I have all season matts, I don't think it is even remotely possible for the throttle to stick under the pad since it is so high with sport pedals, so I do not need to participate in this recall right?

Also I do not want this no brake/gas at same time revision, it would screw me up at track :( Would the dealers be doing this to every car they touch, or is this something you request?
Recalls are always a free repair option that's all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.