Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've used it in the past. Not in the IS though. I know people that swear by it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
flash0074 said:
I never heard of it.

But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
This product isn't one of those "fantastic oil additives." Diesel guys add it to their fuel to help remove water. You can use it in your fuel or add it to oil. Its a good product thats been around for ever

·
Registered
589 Posts
flash0074 said:
ckd said:
flash0074 said:
I never heard of it.

But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
This product isn't one of those "fantastic oil additives." Diesel guys add it to their fuel to help remove water. You can use it in your fuel or add it to oil. Its a good product thats been around for ever
This isn't a diesel and the tolerances are way tighter. My point is stick to the recommended oil you can't go wrong and it has been tested and proven!
If you've never heard of it how can you form an opion of something. I know this isn't a diesel. I was telling of some of the uses people have for it. If you don't want to use it then don't. I never stated you should use marvel instead of the "recommended oil." The orignal post asked who has used this stuff before either in the IS or in general. The general part is where I have used it with good results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.