Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this.. I tryed it in my IS this weekend... My pops have been using it for years in his cars and he swears by it ..
Supposed to get better mileage performance wear and tear yada yada on the engine.... Anyways just curious to who has ever used this product
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
I've used it in the past. Not in the IS though. I know people that swear by it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I never heard of it.


But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
flash0074 said:
I never heard of it.


But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
This product isn't one of those "fantastic oil additives." Diesel guys add it to their fuel to help remove water. You can use it in your fuel or add it to oil. Its a good product thats been around for ever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
ckd said:
flash0074 said:
I never heard of it.


But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
This product isn't one of those "fantastic oil additives." Diesel guys add it to their fuel to help remove water. You can use it in your fuel or add it to oil. Its a good product thats been around for ever
This isn't a diesel and the tolerances are way tighter. My point is stick to the recommended oil you can't go wrong and it has been tested and proven!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
flash0074 said:
ckd said:
flash0074 said:
I never heard of it.


But I can tell you any factory rep. or legit oil rack will tell you those so call fantastic oil additives or substitutes usually don't help or even do more harm to an engine.

Keep in mind, if you have a warranty on the car and you have a major internal engine failure they will ask what oil you have in there, or will test it themselves. Anything outside factory specs will void your warranty.

In general many motor manufactures especially Japanese built cars have tested and formuated a blend based off Castrol oil.
This product isn't one of those "fantastic oil additives." Diesel guys add it to their fuel to help remove water. You can use it in your fuel or add it to oil. Its a good product thats been around for ever
This isn't a diesel and the tolerances are way tighter. My point is stick to the recommended oil you can't go wrong and it has been tested and proven!
If you've never heard of it how can you form an opion of something. I know this isn't a diesel. I was telling of some of the uses people have for it. If you don't want to use it then don't. I never stated you should use marvel instead of the "recommended oil." The orignal post asked who has used this stuff before either in the IS or in general. The general part is where I have used it with good results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well so far i've notice that the engine does idle a little smoother.. I have not check gas mileage as of yet... Its fine by me i'll definatly use again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
supra guys use toluene bought from paint shops as race gas

they use the marvel mystery oil as added lubricant

they dont put it in your oil but they use it as racegas

leme find the link on supraforums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,351 Posts
I have used Militec-1 in my cars/bikes for many years. I suggest you take a look --> www.militec-1.com


WHAT IS MILITEC-1?

MILITEC-1 is a clear golden synthetic liquid resembling an SAE 10-weight oil. When MILITEC-1 is added to the primary lubricant of any machine, it will increase operating efficiency, extend equipment life, reduce downtime and cut unscheduled maintenance.

Even though MILITEC-1 is added to the oil, it is not an oil additive. MILITEC-1 contains no viscosity enhancers or other oil augmentation compounds. It does not modify the primary lubricant in any way.

Instead, MILITEC-1 is a metal conditioner. MILITEC-1 simply uses the circulating oil as a means to reach the critical hot spots and metallic friction surfaces within the machinery. When the oil carries MILITEC-1 to these areas, MILITEC-1 exits the oil, leaving the oil completely unaffected and unchanged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Marvel Mystery oil has indeed been around for a million years, and is an excellent all-around lube. I have a 1-gallon can under the kitchen sink, and use the stuff regularly for cleaning guns, including the bore, where it works beautifully. I also throw in about 6-8 ounces in every second or third tank of gas because it's supposed to keep the injectors and fuel lines clean and unvarnished.

It's pretty low viscosity, and I have never used it in the crankcase, and wouldn't want to add it to the engine oil without some some very bona fide recommendation.

But it is overall very good stuff and well worth keeping around. Pep Boys (and probably most other auto stores) sell it in smaller cans. Not a bad
item to have for many home uses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Kamis300 said:
Anyone ever use this.. I tryed it in my IS this weekend... My pops have been using it for years in his cars and he swears by it ..
Supposed to get better mileage performance wear and tear yada yada on the engine.... Anyways just curious to who has ever used this product
I haven't, but I'm pretty sure Stan Lee does!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
redline814 said:
I have used Militec-1 in my cars/bikes for many years. I suggest you take a look --> www.militec-1.com


WHAT IS MILITEC-1?

MILITEC-1 is a clear golden synthetic liquid resembling an SAE 10-weight oil. When MILITEC-1 is added to the primary lubricant of any machine, it will increase operating efficiency, extend equipment life, reduce downtime and cut unscheduled maintenance.

Even though MILITEC-1 is added to the oil, it is not an oil additive. MILITEC-1 contains no viscosity enhancers or other oil augmentation compounds. It does not modify the primary lubricant in any way.

Instead, MILITEC-1 is a metal conditioner. MILITEC-1 simply uses the circulating oil as a means to reach the critical hot spots and metallic friction surfaces within the machinery. When the oil carries MILITEC-1 to these areas, MILITEC-1 exits the oil, leaving the oil completely unaffected and unchanged.
i use it in my beretta...didn't know you can use it for car engines.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top