Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove in a really bad storm over the weekend where most roads had lots of standing water. I noticed one of my graphite polished wheels now has a few black marks on them. It looks like it's the polish removed not a scuff on top of the polish. Is there anything that can be done to get rid of these markings?

·
Registered
17 Posts
BearcatRob, that really blows! I'd check with the dealer first. I would think that if the polish was scratched off, it would be silver below. My MR2 had a rim scratched at Michael Tire (morons!) and the scratch was silver. Anyway, if the dealer cannot get the black out, try wheel cleaner, then something a little stronger, like polishing compound or Meguirs body scrub. Just be careful!

·
Registered
17 Posts
btw- Where were you during the storm? I was at the Seafood fest until 10pm, no rain at all! Then drove through Loveland...what a mess!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Played golf at Shaker Run so I was right in the middle of that storm by Kings Island. It was ugly!!! I'll ask the dealer when I get it washed this week. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing has happened to my graphites. It is like the polish peels off. I thought a scratch would be silver too.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I took off my graphite rims.. they are way too SOFT. any little pressure scuffs them!! then theres nothing you can do! Be very, as they cannot be easily repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts