Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Rechtin, a reporter for <I>Automotive News</I>, wrote a short article on the next IS, which was then reproduced on their sister publication <I>AutoWeek</I>. Among its more significant comments:<UL>
<LI>The current IS 300 has been a sales disappointment. Lexus sold just 2,457 units through the first quarter, down 27.5 percent from the year-ago quarter. "The IS is important to us, but I don't see us selling 10,000 a month like BMW does with the 3 series," (Lexus General Manager Denny) Clements says.
<LI>While the LF-C has a V8 engine, Clements says the production version probably will not. More likely is a choice of small- and large-displacement six-cylinder engines, much like BMW does with the 3 series.
<LI>The production version of the IS coupe will arrive in late 2005. Unlike the last IS 300, which arrived earlier in Japan and Europe than in America, Clements says a global launch is planned.</UL>
For the complete article, click <A HREF="
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_print.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=09139206&2112631722">here</A>. Thanks to .NET member Rattus.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing