Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than increased wattage and bass on the Mark Levinson, is there any treble sound quality difference between the two? I listened to IS350 standard audio when I owned one. It sounded crisp and clear and gave some level of surround sound. Let's say, it was amazing for standard audio. Does mark levinson provide better treble sound??

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Other than increased wattage and bass on the Mark Levinson, is there any treble sound quality difference between the two? I listened to IS350 standard audio when I owned one. It sounded crisp and clear and gave some level of surround sound. Let's say, it was amazing for standard audio. Does mark levinson provide better treble sound??

Thanks,
Significantly better, yeah.

When I get a non-ML loaner I have to put on NPR, music is painful.

ML gives you not only more wattage, but a cleaner amp, and more, and better, speakers.... (plus the ability to play DVDs and DVD-A discs if you also get nav with it)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Significantly better, yeah.

When I get a non-ML loaner I have to put on NPR, music is painful.

ML gives you not only more wattage, but a cleaner amp, and more, and better, speakers.... (plus the ability to play DVDs and DVD-A discs if you also get nav with it)
Thanks for the info, Knightshade.:) So I take it that Mark Levinson still beats it even at low volume listening? I don't listen to music too loud.. I'm a gentleman have sensitive ears.:p

thanks again!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i get the 2011 is350 with nav does it automatically have the ml audio?
Actually that is my question also. According to the package option from cars.com, NAVI and ML audio comes together. But I want to know if I can get just the NAVI... with standard audio.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Nav is available without ML...always has been.

ML is NO LONGER available without nav (it used to be for years).

So you can get:

Nav with standard audio
Nav with ML audio
NO nav with standard audio

That's it.

In previous years you could also get those 3, and also could get
NO nav with ML audio (which is what I have)

Ignore everything on the web about what is available other than this:
Lexus IS - Features & Pricing - Pricing & Options

ESPECIALLY ignore the 'build your own" crap on lexus.com... all it will ever show is the couple of possible ways your local dealer gets their cars... that's why they ask for your zip. It doesn't show what is possible from the factory.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the awesome info, Knightshade.

You should be a Lexus Tech Support or anaylst or something and get paid for what you do. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the info, Knightshade.:) So I take it that Mark Levinson still beats it even at low volume listening? I don't listen to music too loud.. I'm a gentleman have sensitive ears.:p

thanks again!
Not me Man! I threw the Led Zep in and cranked it!! "Standard" stereo rocks, but if I was to order a car I'd definately get the ML.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts