Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two issues with the sound system (2014 IS350).
1) The normal volume level for the radio (about 10) is way different than that for the CD or iPod (about 25-30).
2) Occasionally the sound system shuts completely off while playing the iPod.
A couple of times the sound was better balanced, i.e.: the radio and CD/iPod had similar volume levels. But that only happened one day, and I never was able to repeat it. For such a high-end system, the sound levels should be better balanced. If I turn the volume up high enough to use the CD or iPod, the radio will be way too loud.
When the system shuts off, I can immediately turn it back on.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have you brought this up to your dealer? Is your vehicle still under warranty? Some of the Mark Levinson amps had a recall. I am not sure if it affects your model year or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you brought this up to your dealer? Is your vehicle still under warranty? Some of the Mark Levinson amps had a recall. I am not sure if it affects your model year or not.
It's a Lexus Certified car, so yes, it does have warranty. It's just disappointing to experience this with a car of this quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I brought the IS in for service last week. They installed updated firmware, so we'll see how that goes. It is much better, but still not equalized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts